460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it was time to say hello, and say you folks are are "Best in class". I've been reviewing this site off/on daily for what seems to be several years and figured it was time to say hello. I've been a die hard Ford muscle fan for over 30 years, kids are grown and out and it's time for dad to pick up where I left off 25 years ago to raise the family. I currently own a 67 Galaxie 428 4 speed that my step father and I put together 30 years ago ( with some help from Gary Miles in Cleveland). But the reason I'm coming out from under the rock is the 466 71 Pinto I have in progress, and may ask for some advise for time to time. It's nothing radical, just a fresh 466 I had done for a truck that needed a home. When to Tampa in March for the Pinto, picked up a C6 from a local chassis builder from his 9.80 bird, there you have it a 12 second toy. Sorry to get winded, and I look forward to talking to folks, "Best in class" 460.com, didn't have this stuff 25 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Nice to have ya aboard :D

Blake

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay... :D

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Wow...

Wow, you epitomize the term "lurking". :lol: Welcome aboard, and as you probably already know, there are a couple of guys here with Pintos. Would like to see pics of yours too. :D

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all for the welcome, and I will be posting pictures of the progress of my project soon. It's not much at the moment, stripped to a shell and getting ready to remove the dash and cut the firewall to pull the 466 in approx. 6 to 9 inches. As soon as I have it in to get a idea on how I'm going to fab the mounts, I'll post some pictures. My intentions are to build a 12 second toy, something to take to the track with the grand kids, cook some dogs and have fun!! This is like going back 32 years to my first car, a full chassis 71 Pinto 351w, toploader, 9", that I spend every dime I made to bulid it. Getting winded again, got to get ready for Fun Ford at Norwalk tommorrow. Any of you running there this weekend have a great time and be safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts