460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I'm not to fimilar with the c6..

My list.. current 521 converted to NETRUAL/INTERNAL balanced...backed by a converted NETRUAL balance zf5 manual..

My stupity lol.. I am about to swap the motor over to a 1986 bull nose f250 that auto....i do not know if the flex plate or conveter of the c6 is weighted for the stock hachet of a stock 460 or if it netrual .

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Long story short I'm not to fimilar with the c6..

My list.. current 521 converted to NETRUAL/INTERNAL balanced...backed by a converted NETRUAL balance zf5 manual..

My stupity lol.. I am about to swap the motor over to a 1986 bull nose f250 that auto....i do not know if the flex plate or conveter of the c6 is weighted for the stock hachet of a stock 460 or if it netrual .
As far as balance goes its the flexplate or flywheel in your case thats is either net balance,or off set ext balanced.

You just need to buy a net balance flywheel or flexplate. the trans doesn't care either way

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as balance goes its the flexplate or flywheel in your case thats is either net balance,or off set ext balanced.

You just need to buy a net balance flywheel or flexplate. the trans doesn't care either way
Correct ..i understand that the tranny doesn't care.. my question is the STOCK flexplate offset or netrual ..

Don't really have the money to put a built c6 or conveter in right now.. going to try and run the stock c6 for a few months and take it easy on her.

If I don't have to buy a new flexplate I won't

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Correct ..i understand that the tranny doesn't care.. my question is the STOCK flexplate offset or netrual ..

Don't really have the money to put a built c6 or conveter in right now.. going to try and run the stock c6 for a few months and take it easy on her.

If I don't have to buy a new flexplate I won't
I cant tell you what the wheel is you have, I havent seen it.

does it have a weight welded to it? does it have a bunch of drill holes in it? best to take it,and just have it balanced net,or checked,might be what you need already.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir .. appreciate it.. honestly coukdn5 tell you what she has right now since I haven't had it apart yet ..ill assume it's offset as the 460 that's in there now has a hachet..

Just didn't know if all stock c6 flexplates were generically external/offset .

But yes sir..thank you for the insight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts