460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a magazine freak, I get diesel magazines, off road magazines, ford magazines, college basketball magazines, but nothing on the bbf engines. What do you guys get?

D

·
0 Posts
Popular Hot Rodding is a realy Ford friendly one as of late., If your looking for a magazine that covers a little of everything.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Maybe Damon will start one!

I have a question that Is similar to yours. What's a good how to book for the 460 BBF? I know, I know you don't need a book but most of us could use the help. Their are all kinds on eBay just don't know which one to pick!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have lots of books.

Ford Performance by Pat Ganahl
This book covers more than the 385 series so I cut out the section that I wanted and combined it with other tech articles to make my own custom book.

how to rebuild your FORD V-8 351C-351M-400-429-460 by Tom Monroe
hp books

Ford High Performance
Hot Rod Magazine (one of those combination books - technical articles and an OLD Ford Performance catalog (1987)

off highway parts applications and specifications for Ford Vehicles

Most of these are pretty old. I would recommend that you try to find them and peruse them before buying them. I have been know to by a book for 1 chapter or 1 paragraph.

Happy hunting

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
One other thing

There are a TON of good articles here or links to articles that I print and keep in a folder. I can rarely find what I remember seeing with search so I print the article if I think that I might someday think about doing something like what that article is talking about.

It is hard work compensating for getting old.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I have an idea:

What if we start an official thread here that everyone can post links to published articles about the 460.??? (Links only...to make it easy on the dial-up guys)

Some are on this site, but they are scattered around.

I have thousands (no kidding) of car mags and I had thought about posting scanned pages of 460 related articles for those who do not have these mags.
Would I get in trouble with the publishers? Anyone know?

Alan

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
83-88T-Bird Guy said:
I have an idea:

What if we start an official thread here that everyone can post links to published articles about the 460.??? (Links only...to make it easy on the dial-up guys)

I have thousands (no kidding) of car mags and I had thought about posting scanned pages of 460 related articles for those who do not have these mags.

Alan
I like that idea bird man, some of these guys can post 50 articles, maybe more. I forget his screenname but the guy who has the red 78/79 bronco with the blackouts on the headlights is one of the best I have ever seen at coming up with links. he probably thinks I'm an idiot because I'm wrong more than I'm right and he is usually the one who posts a link for my questions, but I've learned that if you don't ask you find out the hard way that you are wrong. That is why I wanted to find a good magazine that covers ford engines.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
[/quote]

I like that idea bird man, some of these guys can post 50 articles, maybe more. I forget his screenname but the guy who has the red 78/79 bronco with the blackouts on the headlights is one of the best I have ever seen at coming up with links. he probably thinks I'm an idiot because I'm wrong more than I'm right and he is usually the one who posts a link for my questions, but I've learned that if you don't ask you find out the hard way that you are wrong. That is why I wanted to find a good magazine that covers ford engines.[/quote]

I think you are referring to Danny Cabral.

He is very good at putting up links related to the subject at hand.

I would like to post that Super Ford 460 ( 410hp..500 + ft.lbs) engine build with scanned pages from that magazine. Don't know if the publisher would have a problem with it tho.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I forget his screenname but the guy who has the red 78/79 bronco with the blackouts on the headlights is one of the best I have ever seen at coming up with links. he probably thinks I'm an idiot because I'm wrong more than I'm right and he is usually the one who posts a link for my questions, but I've learned that if you don't ask you find out the hard way that you are wrong. That is why I wanted to find a good magazine that covers ford engines.

Yeah I agree, that guy with the red bronco is the real deal when it comes to finding and linking links for us! I don't think my search works half the time :D

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Why not make it a list available by email for those who want it? I would be interested in it.

Tom

83-88T-Bird Guy said:
I have an idea:

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
mudbogtom said:
Why not make it a list available by email for those who want it? I would be interested in it.

Tom

83-88T-Bird Guy said:
I have an idea:

Alan
Interesting idea Tom.

What if I scanned the pages of the magazine, posted them on my photobucket page, then post the link to my photobucket, then you can download the jpeg file?
I don't think I could get in trouble for that.

Alan

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Not exactly the 460 magazine you asked for but I sure do miss SuperFord Magazine. I think I got it for nearly 10 years. Tons of great tech stuff and nothing but Fords. Is the original Mustang Monthly still around?

I know as soon as Peterson Publishing bought them (SuperFord) that it would be gone in no time :x

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
2112 I still have a collection of both Super Ford & Mustang monthly.I started getting them real early on.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Yeah, same here. I took Mustang monthly from about 85 to 95 and SuperFord from around 87 till Ford hating Peterson killed it. Have nearly every one still on the shelves.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"I think you are referring to Danny Cabral."
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yup, you got it, he probably has a million articles stored somewhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts