460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dad bought a 07 c6 a few months back, shortly after i got a bone stock 90 GT. then came those words "wana race". i told him "give me one year".well, the start of my new, huge, limitless money pit as takin off. got my motor and trans yesterday. motor looks great. looks like a fresh rebuild. i got it from a friend whos dad was building it so not sure yet on how much machine work, pistons, rods, crank. pistons look new from outside and theres some work done to heads. goin with edelbrock RPM heads and intake though. if every thing is in as good a shape as i think ill put it in as is, and go from there. so an engine stand, motor mounts, dizzy, ign sys, carb and headers are next on my list. then drive shaft, axles, gears and dif. then heads and intake and..and.. cant wait to get started. heres some pics of what i got so for..

oh, can any one tell me what hp/tq a stoker c6 yoke is good for? need one of em so any info would be great. any other BBF fox guys out there that might have any tips? i hear a 460 truck oil pan and rear sump will work. can anyone verify? ive seen the swap kits but just tryin to save a buck or two.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I used the Ford Racing 460 Fox Swap Oil Pan on my 89 Mustang.I think Ford Racing also sells the motor mount swap kit that works with the Hooker 460 Fox Swap headers.I think the stock 5.0 front springs will be okay with the 460 i still have the stock 4 cylinder springs on my car.If you have any other questions just ask i'll try to help here's a picture of my car i have a lot of pictures i could e-mail to you,Later Mark.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Looks like it is going to be alot of fun, keep us posted as your build progresses:cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx, will keep posting on buil for sure. hey Mark, have you heard that a 460 truck oil pan will work? just lookin to save a bit.

thx,
mark

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, an oil pan from 80"s though mid nineties truck will work fine. They even have a screw in dipstick tube which a think is better than the Motorsport pan with a O ring dipstick tube.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
The pans that work are usually on 4WD trucks alot of the 2WD have a huge rear sump pan not the double sump . I believe the 2WD pans are like 8 quarts but dont come close to working . The motorsport pan kit is down to $125 comes with pan , pick-up , dipstick , and one piece pan gasket the one piece gasket alone was 50 bucks last time I checked .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gonna start orderin parts tomorrow!

gonna go with:

D&D:

429/460 Street/Strip/Bracket race swap kit; includes heavy duty motor mount kit, 6 qt. oil pan, pickup & dipstick kit, 2" long tube headers-1 piece design headers

alum. rad. (hope its still on sale!)

10" torque converter(still workin on stall)

Summit:

moroso billit water pump

perma cool trans cooler

Jegs:

460 ready 2 run MSD ignitition

and all the little stuff needed to use these, ill keep ya posted.
thx for the support, help and info guys!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did a partial tear down the other day to see what i need or dont need. gonna scrap the heads and intake, and use edelbrock performer rpm intake, and rpm heads. has a comp cams magnum 292 cam. heres some more pics, ill have more soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was a good day, ordered parts from D&D. 7qt. pan, pick up and dip stick, mounts, and radiator should be here befor the end of the week. headers come early next week. cant wait!:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
It will be here before you konw it so keep the pics coming as the build countinues:cool:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Traction

With an extra 200 lb in the front and gobs of torque traction will be a problem. Get the rearend control arms, gears, springs, shock, tires and so on upgraded before you line up with dad. Spinning for 200 ft looks cool but looses a race awefull quick.
good luck

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With an extra 200 lb in the front and gobs of torque traction will be a problem. Get the rearend control arms, gears, springs, shock, tires and so on upgraded before you line up with dad. Spinning for 200 ft looks cool but looses a race awefull quick.
good luck
yea, just gettin the hard part done first. have a harley for sale, so as soon as its gone then the gloves come off! lol!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
some parts came last week, waiting on oil pump and pick up mounting stud. they should be here monday along w/ my D&D headers.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts