460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is alive I got my Baby started this afternoon with Charlies TFS streets sounds really healthy.. I am going to try and take it to test and tune this evening hope for some faster times...... :D :D let you guy's know tomorrow evening what she runs and try to put her in the money tomorrow if everything goes well...

Randy

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Gee Wizz...... It's about time you got that turd runnin' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congrats!!!!!! 8) 8)

Now all ya gotta do is start handin' some hind-end to them Chebby boys..... :wink: Keep us posted.....

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
See ya at the track Randy! I'll bring my dig camera too.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Gee, that kinda takes the "redneck" side of racing right outa the picture..... :shock: :shock: :lol:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
900 Posts
alive

Good luck randy see you at the track at the next bash. You'll know my car only by the tail lights when I whop your a..... just kidding good luck :D Joe.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
no tubes!!!!! +3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ran out to the track around 4:00 today but he was gone. I tried to call, but no answer.

:?:

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am back sorry for taking so long
had fun trying to get the car unloaded with a flat slick. :x
but life is life

First run it spun bad like 30 ft or more

second run launched great front wheels up 6 to 8 " for 20 ft had brain fart shifted early :shock: to late but I cut a

rt .037
60 1.45
1/8 6.83
mph 102

air was @ 5300ft corrected elevation

not bad for a year out of the saddle,
next round I lauched it hit hard lost fuel @ 330ft :shock:
turned on return road checked blew a 30 amp fuse :x replacedscratching my head that fuse only energizes the fuel pump relay. checked wiring got few more fuses (incase) checked plugs looked good,
went up again blew fuse at line shut off and replaced. made pass backed me out of the light and pulled back in hit Brake nothing had to launch it off foot brake 4500. :roll: got around to the trailer figured out I had a delay in the trans brake for safety Friend had slicks down to #6lbs air double checked everything did burn out car got Violent at the end of burnout let off pulled to the line .035 light launched great 330 mark got real squirley let off and hit brakes turn of first exit and something was seriously wrong got back to trailer pulled up and opened door Damn what now! Flat slick aired it up and just made it up on trailer :x

Guy's Tip always take a extra 4x4 chunk of wood come in handy at some time in your racing days :D any ways to make a long story short Monday I am calling Phillip to see what he recomends for new Hoosier 16 or 17X33 slicks and probably tubeless

Randy

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hoosier makes a 33.5 x 16 x 15 with a CO7 compound that's a good choice. The C07 compound is a harder compound and has good surface strength/structure, so it won't rip-up or ocean-wave as easily. But even though it's a harder compound, you don't have to do a monster burnout to get them sticky.

The C07 would probably be a good choice for a back half or a full chassis car that has decent power, or is violent, or has a power adder. It's probably not the best choice for a car with lower power/torque numbers like a small block NA car.

Tubes don't belong in slicks, they are for the lake :lol: . Don't forget to post some pics!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
I concur....... No Tubes :!:

Randy called me Saturday and Sunday to keep me posted. I was hanging a door in the basement when Randy called and all I could hear on my cell was..... "Blappity, Blappity, Blappity........ VROOM.........VROOM" and then Randy trying to yell so I could hear him :lol:

Sunday I was hanging blinds in the basement when Randy called to fill me in on his Sunday runs. Randy Glad you got to make some shake down runs with your new engine, sorry about the flat slick :x

Next time it will be MUCH better for ya :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Randy called me also, got to here the monster over the phone. ...

Sounded good 8) He got in the 6"s with a flat tire short shifting and running out of fuel, hot damn whats it going to run when he gets all the bugs out of it :shock:

Hang in there Randy, youll' be running like our hero Twinkle toes in no time :lol:

Blake

1 - 20 of 23 Posts