460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Speedworld this morning to test the suspension set-up on the Mustang. 65 degrees, low humidity, really nice racing weather.

First pass, launched at 4,000 RPMs, as soon as I let the trans-brake button go motor hit rev limiter :roll:

Transmission went bye bye :cry:

1st, 2nd, and 3rd (C-4 PA SuperComp) all slip badly, NO reverse :roll:

The track was prepped REALLY well and nobody's tires were slipping. The second car to make a pass was a BMW with a BBC supercharged motor. As soon as the driver launched, her Powerglide went bye-bye.

Third car out was an early 60s Chevy Impala with a BBC Supercharged motor. He made it 300 feet before he broke an axle.

A really nice day for racing and the only motors to get a workout were the wenches in our trailers :oops:

OK Lem, I guess I'm shopping for a Powerglide :lol:

Any recommendations for new Powerglide :roll:

Bruce

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Put a good one in it, about 3500 dollars worth..................

As I say that I've got mine out atm, will go back in this week for more punishment.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
JW Ultraglide Bruce, and you don't live that far from them, Rockledge, Fl. Freshen ups and re-certifications would be easy for you. I bought the 1800hp for room to grow and piece of mind. :wink:

Full Length
92345R: 900 HP
92348R: 1100 HP
92351: 1300 HP
92351-V: 1800 HP
92351-V80: MAX HP

Short Length
92347R: 900 HP
92349R: 1100 HP
92350: 1300 HP
92350-V: 1800 HP
92350-V80: MAX HP

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon,

I don't mind spending some money, as long as I get one that will hold up to that tire ripping motor that Lem built. I'd rather spend a little more and get to race more vs. getting stuff fixed.

Doug,

JW is 15 minutes from my door :lol:

Bruce

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Bruce, Sorry for your bad luck. That definitely sucks.. :( I agree with Doug. If you are that close I would definitely go with JW. As far as the JW cases go, I never had any problems with mine. I bought the JW case,bell,tailshaft,pan & swapped all my Coan guts into it. Definitely get one that is rated for more than your current HP & possible/probable HP later on. :D

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Tranny problems :?: Whats that :?: :cry: :shock:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John,

I have seen that ad and STRONGLY believe in supporting the vendors on this site. I have already talked to a few folks about a shiny, new powerglide. I want to make sure we are holding that great big check at next year's Bash :lol:

BTW, I will have a nice C-4 package available soon (SuperComp with trans-brake, NEW torque converter, NEW PST drive shaft, JW Wheel flexplate).

Bruce

1 - 13 of 13 Posts