460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are out of a 1995 Mazda B3000 truck 3.0l with 285,000 miles. A friend of mine at work drove it home to work on it and it ran fine. The gaps were over .150". They are the orginal plugs that came in the truck. I don't see how the thing even started, much less run.

D

·
0 Posts
LOL, alot to be said for a good high energy ignition !!! Now the question is does it run better now? better economy with new plugs? :lol:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I am thinking someone is taking this extended tuneup a little too far. Just hope they aren't taking extended oil changes that far :shock:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
My grandad had his truck tuned up at 150xxx miles. He was kinda upset it only gained 1 mpg with the tune up..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a similar situation. 180k miles and replaced the plugs on a 1982 4 cylinder MOPAR. It had developed a miss.

The plugs looked like those in the picture. They were the originals as well.

After I replaced the plugs it blew the head gasket.

It couldn't handle the new spark :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've pulled some out almost like that before, Platinum was burned way down in the electrode. The Ford 3.0 is one heck of a little motor, 200,000 miles is nothing for them. Wish we could say the same for all the rest of Ford's small engines.

Bret

·
Registered
248 Posts
The ones in my 89 460 were .070 to .080 and it ran great ,re gapped them to factory specs and it was like a different motor ,not near as much low end snap as with the huge gap....?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Mine blows out anything over .030 No compression wonders........ you can have a couple acers in there and they manage to light a fire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts