460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The BB Ford Winter Tech Seminar has started! Diamond Blake and his "muscle" Jeff Simpson have rolled into town and we've unloaded his 557 CID engine out at AM&P to start dynoing tomorrow. We'll spend a few hours Friday morning putting it on, and hopefully after lunch be ready to start making pulls.

For those of you who check in early at the Executive Inn Rivermont, I've got about 40 maps of the city of Owensboro there at the desk. Ask for one. Automotive Machine & Performance is about 8 miles southeast of the Executive Inn, out Hwy 54. When you get to a little community of Philpot, KY, be looking for a gray colored building on your left. The address is 6235 Hwy 54. The phone number there is (270)729-5556. Don't do a Goggle map search, for some reason it puts you on OLD Hwy 54 and we're about a block over on New Hwy 54.

We'll do some dyno pulls Friday afternoon/evening and call it a day. I'll make copies of some of the those dyno pulls and bring them to the seminar for discussion. Then Saturday is the Tech Seminar at the Executive Inn. That night we can eat, socialize and bench race. Then MAYBE Sunday morning we might go make some more dyno pulls. Blake is wanting to change headers and if it all works out okay, we'll probally try to do that Sunday morning.

I hope to see you at the tech seminar :!:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would love to be there Charlie. With having knee surgery I couldn't stand the drive.

I will have to wait for the next Bash to come rolling in with the shag carpet, a cigarette hanging out my mouth, window down, and my arm hanging out the window flopped on top of the vinyl top. If I really try I may be able to find an 8-track player that works for the car....LOL.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Same here Charlie, But family matters come first... :roll:

Make sure Damon has plenty of batterys for his camera, I want a DVD of this...

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
557FOX said:
That map is incorrect. It takes you to old Hwy 54 address....
You are correct.

As Charlie stated above, it is about 1 block away on new 54.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

Just an update. We hurt Blake's engine on the dyno. There's lot's of bearing material in the oil. They are taking it off the dyno now, so if any of you are busting your butt to get here by this evening,,,,slow down! There's not going to be any more dyno pulls this weekend.

Blake is to be commended for building a new engine and volunteering to dyno it in front of all of us, and bare his soul so to speak. That takes balls! The engine is a 557 CID TFS Street headed race engine and he made a best of 730 Lbs.ft. of torque and 791 Horsepower before it went away. It will make well over 800 Hp when he gets it all straightened out.

After the 3rd dyno pull we started losing some torque so we became concerned. All total there were 22 guys out there watching and Damon does have some of the pulls on his camera for the DVD.

See ya' tomorrow at the Executive Inn,

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Wow, I hate to hear that. :?

·
Registered
900 Posts
seminar

Wish I could be there but I had to work. Looking forward to hear all about it. Hope all you guys have lots of fun, and sorry to hear about your engine Joe.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Frank Merkl said:
Love to be there Charlie ,but they woun't let me across the border
Frank
Oh Oh Frank, got a little shady past do ya eh?

230 Posts
we are here !!!

and ready to go for tomorrow !!! we just left the barbq and are ready to say good night ... hope everone makes it down here OK .. See ya tomorrow ...Adney

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
fordsbyjay, well yes a guy with a dodge daytona ,decided the best place to park his car was on MY grass beside MY house and after him doing repeated rolling burnout on MY grass and being told Not to park on My grass ,he desided the best place to park his car was on MY grass . I told him that if he didn't move his car off MY grass ,I"d take my 4X4("74 F350) and drive over his car , quess what he didn't move it and I drove over it and crushed it
Frank

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Bet he dont park that sumbitch there again lol.

Sorry to hear about the motor Blake, keep us up the speend on what happpened to the deal.

Those tfs street heads make some power dont they......... :wink:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts