460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Jackson welding helmet for sale. It is solar powered and self darkening. I bought this new when I got my Lincoln Mig welder. I have since bought a much higher end welding helmet and no longe need this one. I paid $100 for it new. It has very low time on it and the glass shield that you look through or whatever you call it is in very good condition. The glass eye shield is replaceable for when it does wear out but it is no where close to worn out yet. It has many hours of use left on it. I'm asking $50 bucks plus shipping from zip code 47122. Thanks for looking!!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I have the same helmet and have had it for 17 plus years I would not trade it for a new one like it the part that darkens is called the filter lense after about 10 years of dayly use i did have to have the filter replaced and jaskson sent me a new one with adjustable shade filter lense free = no charge and never had a problem with it sence I put it in the 2 aaa bat=t batteries last for a long time.This will make someone starting out a good deal

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one is only about 4 years old. I bought one that I could adjust the darkness on. I'm color blind and I was always just staring into a glowing blob with this one. I wish I would have known they made an adjustable lens for this one. I would have got that instead. The new helmet was pretty expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts