460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm not trying to plug a product or anything just giving you a heads up on a NICE set up. I recently got a Jomar Degree Wheel (The large one) along with all of the different crank bolts and adapters AND the pointer that utilizes a razor blade. I gotta tell ya this setup Kicks ***!! I used it last week to find out what kind of cam was in Chuck's engine (The previous owner ground off the numbers for some odd reason) This particular cam ended up with way more duration than I expected. IMO and it's just my opinion, it's too large for a 472ci engine. But it still seems to run good.
Anyway. I degreed in my new Albert Clark Bad Attitude Series roller cam on Monday: I was recording data in the 2 significant figures range i.e. I recorded my intake centerline at 108.35
Now the BIG kicker is that this set up is NOT that expensive! One would expect this set up to be $150 to $200......... Not even close! All you will need is a magnetic base and a dial indicator that will read .500"+ I'm using one that will read up to 1 inch.
If you guys are looking to add another quality tool to your collection, I HIGHLY recommend you look into the Jomar setup. I'm VERY impressed!
Lem had mine drop shipped from Jomar and it was at my door within a few days.
Thanks

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I have one also .............. It IS bad ***.:cool:

I don't get as anal as Damon and read it down to the tenth of a degree though:p

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The nice thing about the boys at Jomar is they support the Bash and the Tech seminar and speak Ford as well. Not to mention they build a nice product.:cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
WE'LL DRINK YOUR BEER TOO!!!!

Thanks for the kind words - it's really educational to check and find out what you're really getting for your money when you pick up a new cam!

JB

·
Registered
440 Posts
The nice thing about the boys at Jomar is they support the Bash and the Tech seminar and speak Ford as well. Not to mention they build a nice product.:cool:
Good enough for me! Great price and great reviews, but if they support the Bash and Tech seminar, so much the better.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I know I sincerely appreciate them supporting all of us www.460 Ford.com guys. They have done so many times one way or the other, at either the Ford Bash or the Winter Tech Seminar. Guys, they make more than stud girdles. There's carb spacers, AN wrenches, professional oil filters, the degree wheels that Damon just mentioned, and the list goes on.

Thanks JB !!!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
That wheel is the stuff. I drooled over one at the bash and am going to get one as soon as I start another build. BTW JA and JB are a hoot to listen to, they had us rolling in the aisle at breakfast, and the stories they told were a history lesson you aren't gonna find printed anywhere. You guys are great, and make the best products to boot. I use your filters and stud girdle and plan to continue giving you guys business in the future. Thanks for all you do.:)

·
Registered
608 Posts
i got my degree wheel a few days ago. very nice piece. showed it to a few people they guessed it at worth 150. don't know if i'll tell them or keep it a secret. btw thx lem and jb. how's gonna teach me how to use it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts