460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last nights chat ended with a little talk about a west coast bash.

Vegas is the most central... so, figured I would look into what might be arranged.

We will see what comes back. But figure maybe something around the end of Sept or early Nov. Most likly be a pormotional thing with a "ford" weekend, and then the forum members getting a pit prefrence, discount access.. and or a couple of speacial brackets to allow us to run who/when we want within a regular program. But.. I asked to see what complete track rental, and our own program might run as well.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Last nights chat ended with a little talk about a west coast bash.

Vegas is the most central... so, figured I would look into what might be arranged.

We will see what comes back. But figure maybe something around the end of Sept or early Nov. Most likly be a pormotional thing with a "ford" weekend, and then the forum members getting a pit prefrence, discount access.. and or a couple of speacial brackets to allow us to run who/when we want within a regular program. But.. I asked to see what complete track rental, and our own program might run as well.
Im all for it! Get R done!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ide love to get a possible head count... of those that would consider attending. 20 cars,, eh, we might get a hotel discount, 50 cars... we might get our own little bracket group on the forum.. 100+ we might get a few bennies... If people would be intrested in a weekend in Vegas, with a day at the track... talk it up...

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd drive the Fairmont up from Phoenix. Is it going to be drag racing only deal or maybe a car show and a swap meet too? Ken.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the very first day of the idea.. depending on how many people show intrest will determine what control of the facility we get. If numbers warrant, car show could be had at hotel, before/after,,,, once we see that there are more than 3 of us going, then we can start talking to a few venders and see what we can set up.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've got a good friend with a '57 Ranch Wagon powered by a 466 who would love to go too. We've been to 6 of the World Ford Challenges in his wagon. Vegas isn't too bad of a drive for us folks.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A West Coast bash would be fun. Might also think about Famoso in Bakersfield as a destination. You might get the track cheaper, it is just a thought. They run a lot of the Nostalgia events there & quite a few Fords show up. It would be farther for the Phoenix folks, but closer for the Oregon guys...

I'd definitely try to make it, the car should be done by then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts