460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just completed my 3 year project engine. if this sound crazy you can take into account that I began the project at 15, I am know entering college and that has hurt my budget and time. Alright,
I have a 460 D3 block, borded .030 over, speed pro light weight forged pistons, about 12:1 compression, Lunati VOODOO cam...227 & 233 at .050...552in. 564ex. SCJ (DOOE-R) iron heads w/ ported exhausts 2.245in. & 1.75ex. Wiend Stealth Intake Manifold (SCJ ports) 830 cfm double pumper carb. w/ annular boosters. Any power guesses?? This is going to be backed with a C-6 trans,fairbanks shift kit, R-servo, 4 clutch 3rd gear drum, 3000 stall hughes converter. To be installed in a gutted FOX body Mustang. Any Power guesses?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Posted Dec 30th ?

If you are still around, are you going to dyno it ? or are ou just looking for guesses?

I would have to say the cam is kind of small for a 460, but with the compression you have and intake my wild *** guess would be 1.15 hp per cubic inch on the high end; that would be 535 hp. But that is a "wild *** guess". I would like to know your number's, what were you hoping for ?

G-Code

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
should make 550 ,but cam is small so maybe not,carb is smaller then id run ..what header size?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you to those who have replied.
i am shooting for about 550. I know the cam is small, i got it when i was going to build the motor for a 68 t-bird, but then i fell into a fox body and changed directions. I have a .690 lift herbert cam but i want to drive the car on the street and cant afford another cam, if I could get one, what would you suggest. Also, i want to have it dyno ed once i get the car finished. I'm doing my chassis work and paint prep before I install the trans and motor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, i'd have a bigger carb, but...I got the one I have very very cheap...otherwise I would be running the first carb. I rebuilt, a 735 cfm factory 428 CJ vac. sec.
My little brother has a 72 chevelle 355...he went 7.80 with a 750 DP, we wanted to slow it down for him b/c he is a new driver so we stuck a 600 vac sec. holley on it thinking it would run 8.60-8.80, dang thing ran a 8.15... then we tried making the 750 DP carb. a two barrel haha, then it ran a frickin 8.12. Just thought that was funny. Fast for a 16 year old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts