460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
manage to bag myself a nice cow elk , it only took 7years to get drawn for the tag

and a pic' of our hunting camp ,hot tub included

Frank , now it's butchering time!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Looks like you'll eat good this winter :lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
did ya see any big bulls? cool little camp you got there :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never seen any bulls but 10 days in hunting camp was fun!! even thou I'm still recovering from my broken ankle
Frank

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
If your like me ,you'll be recovering from your broken ankle for the rest of your life :shock:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hunting

Good to hear you got back and filled your tag. Did the old Ford hunting truck hang in there for the trip ? LOL. Did your buddys get anything or just you.

Later Mark L.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark , ol' brown made it threw hunting trip (23 years of them) with no problems

Frank
ps only had to go on one rescue misson to go pull out a new chev

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Frank Merkl said:
Mark , ol' brown made it threw hunting trip (23 years of them) with no problems

Frank
ps only had to go on one rescue misson to go pull out a new chev
Thats why Chevy trucks come factory w/tow hooks :oops: :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Frank who much did the critter way. Buy the looks of your camp you done this a time or two, love the hot tub!! I can smell the beer and Jack Daniels from here. :lol:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
uf63 said:
Frank who much did the critter way. Buy the looks of your camp you done this a time or two, love the hot tub!! I can smell the beer and Jack Daniels from here. :lol:
Frank is not a Jack Daniels guy,,,,,he's a Royal Crown guy :!: :lol:

Glad you had a good hunting teip Frank :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark there was a mule doe that came home also
uf63 I think the cow elk weghted 600-700 lbs and yes hunting camp has been set up in exactly the same spot for the last 16 years with in a foot but the hottub has only been coming along for the last 3 years.There was alot of Rye whiskey,beer and rum and vodka drank at camp
Frank

·
Registered
476 Posts
Did you twist off any driveshafts? Not that it matters - they just raised the refund on used bottles and cans, so the empty's will pay for the parts anyways. :lol:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
John ,never hurt a part on the truck all week !
but have lots of emptys after 10days from 3 guy's and quests
- 96 beer cans
- rye 2 x 66 ers
- 2 x 26 ers
- spiced rum - 1 x66er
- 1 x26er
- vodka - 1 x66er
-1 x40er
-1 x26er
and nobody had anything to drink before 4 in the afternoon and we left hunting camp by 8 am everymorning
the truck used up 60 gallons of fuel in 265 miles while at camp and the hot tub used 15 gallons of fuel to keep it at 105 F
Frank

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Looks like some dang good eating.
Whats the chains for, ice maybe? I would think a set of Boggers would do anything you needed to do in the mud and snow, and wouldn't have to deal with putting the chains on. :?:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chains are a must have as the ground is froze but any place that the sun shines on it turns to snot and you just spin down to the froze ground and don't go anywhere, with chains on ol' brown will climb and pussy foot down every cutline and trail without hardly turning a tire and I'm talking climbs over 60 degrees
Frank

1 - 20 of 31 Posts