460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is an 86 F350 Crew Cab Dually with a 460 that's been bored and stroked to 482ci, a C6, and 3.50:1 rear gears. It has a 120 gallon tank under the sleeper cab, plus the two factory 19 gallon tanks. I was able to go from Klamath Falls to Phoenix without stopping for gas because of the 120 gallon tank, and didn't have to get into the two factory tanks. I spent a little over $1000 (round trip) just on fuel.

The car is a 66 Fairlane GT with an FE 427 side oiler that's bored and stroked to 484ci. Genesis block, Scat crank, Blue Thunder heads, Edelbrock dual plane intake, Holley carb, custom headers, custom subframe connectors, 4spd toploader, 3.50:1 nine inch rear.

...and now for the picture. It was taken right before leaving Phoenix AZ for Klamath Falls, Oregon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cool! I love them 66-67 Fairlanes. I've got an 86 crewcab F350, but not a dullie. Makes me want to paint mine black. Looks good.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Both rides, very nice!!!!!! :wink:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the compliments guys. Thus, I gladly answer your request to share some close up shots of both vehicles.

First up is the truck. I'll do the Fairlane next.

In the photo below you can see the 120 gallon tank, under the sleeper cab.

Those are fire extinguishers on the console. Not nitrous. :)

The sleeper cab is too small for me. (5' 10" 240lbs) :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, now for the Fairlane.

Parked at a friend's house in Klamath Falls, Oregon.

The custom dash with Stewart Warner guages. Done by Bob Flora in Phoenix.

The 484ci FE engine in the Fairlane.

For many more pictures and lots of info on the progress of the 66 Fairlane GT, Here is the link to my SuperMotors page:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/7061

I haven't made such a page yet for the 86 F350.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I love that car. That is pure awesome. It would have to be baby blue if it were mine. Otherwise PERFECT!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
511Fox said:
I like both setups What are the specs on your 482,etc,bore&stroke :!:
The previous owner, Bob Flora (the guy who did a ton of work building my Fairlane), built the engine for the F350, so I don't know what crank stroke he used, but he said the 460 block is bored .030 over. He ported the factory exhaust manifolds, and put in a nice camshaft. From the outside, you can't tell he built more power into the engine. He kept everything on the outside original for the purpose of parts replacment and emissions inspection. So it still has the original intake and carb. I was pleased to see the truck has no catalytic converters. In 1986, one tons were not required to have them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ezgoing,

Did you have the Thermactor bosses plugged in the heads along with some exhaust porting and did you remove the air pumps?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mark460 said:
Ezgoing,

Did you have the Thermactor bosses plugged in the heads along with some exhaust porting and did you remove the air pumps?

Thanks
Mark
I know Bob did exhaust porting but I don't know if he plugged the thermactor bosses. The truck still has both air pumps. I seem to recall he went with a diffenent set of heads, which use the smaller spark plug.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts