460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the track to see what my 521 with a set of victor jr. 460 cj heads right out the box would do today we put a 6600 chip in and it run 615 on the 2nd pass and it was on the worst track around. I know the car will do better next time out because we had the timing on 28 degrees

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bbstickstang said:
Hey John,
615 is pretty fast , what kinda car is it in and some more specs please.
Ron
it is in a 1987 coupe stock suspension car and the weight of the car is 2800 pounds. it has 850 carb that i sent to AED and had it calibrated for the motor the motor is a 521 it is bored 30 over so what i am saying is i got it in stroke not the bore. the heads is right out the box. i order the stroker kit from scat and they balanced it

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
bigjohn2007 said:
MauriSSSio said:
MPH? im interested in more info!
the track is sorry and they don't give slips out like redsprings track but I will be trying it again soon and I will let you know. I am interested to know myself!!!
John, do you race at Red Springs? They still have the big pine trees to stop you from running into the highway when you run off the track?? :lol: Man that is one short track. It did have a great PA system the time I was there. What track were you running at? Good to see another North Carolinian on the web site. :D

Ron, what's going on? I haven't heard nothing from you since you went to Ron & David's shop. How's the car doing?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TopSportsman916 said:
bigjohn2007 said:
MauriSSSio said:
MPH? im interested in more info!
the track is sorry and they don't give slips out like redsprings track but I will be trying it again soon and I will let you know. I am interested to know myself!!!
John, do you race at Red Springs? They still have the big pine trees to stop you from running into the highway when you run off the track?? :lol: Man that is one short track. It did have a great PA system the time I was there. What track were you running at? Good to see another North Carolinian on the web site. :D

Ron, what's going on? I haven't heard nothing from you since you went to Ron & David's shop. How's the car doing?
i was that farmer union dragstrip the first time but i went to redsprings wed. night to see what the 60 foot was 136 foot brake and to answer about the trees and a big bank of dirt at the end of the track it is still there and it good to know your on here to!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
John, that was a damn good first outing. I think you will have it in the high 5's pretty soon. Do you ever go to Rockingham? If you ever get the chance, you ought to head to Outer Banks Speedway. It is right off of 64 near Creswell,NC. It is an awesome all concrete track. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TopSportsman916 said:
John, that was a damn good first outing. I think you will have it in the high 5's pretty soon. Do you ever go to Rockingham? If you ever get the chance, you ought to head to Outer Banks Speedway. It is right off of 64 near Creswell,NC. It is an awesome all concrete track. :D
yes we went to the one day race last month i belive it was the 10 of nov. my buddy ran 581 that day. how far is the track you are talking about from the rock?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
What were you running at the Rock on Nov. 10? I was racing there that weekend too. I was running the Pro Tree Doorslammer class. I didn't drive worth a crap & went out second round. I was parked down near the end of the concrete. I was between a red Mustang 2 that was running the 5.69 class & a 68 Barracuda running thr Pro Tree class.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TopSportsman916 said:
What were you running at the Rock on Nov. 10? I was racing there that weekend too. I was running the Pro Tree Doorslammer class. I didn't drive worth a crap & went out second round. I was parked down near the end of the concrete. I was between a red Mustang 2 that was running the 5.69 class & a 68 Barracuda running thr Pro Tree class.
i was there with a pretty orange mustang it is a hatch car it my friend delane we was close where they check the cars before you run he ran in footbrake he dailed in 6s but he had a bad day to so he played with the car and went 581 i belive it in the 92 model he has a big block in it to the paint job is very nice it had stripes down the sides they are yellow,green,blue and a eye at the front near the front light. do you know W.L from holcomb's i got my axles that day.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
John ,I don't know anybody from Holcomb. I did buy my A429 heads from them years ago. It's a shame that you hadn't posted on the forum earlier. We could have met up at the Rock. Are you by chance going to make the Winter Tech Seminar on 12/29 ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TopSportsman916 said:
John ,I don't know anybody from Holcomb. I did buy my A429 heads from them years ago. It's a shame that you hadn't posted on the forum earlier. We could have met up at the Rock. Are you by chance going to make the Winter Tech Seminar on 12/29 ?
don't know but where are you from and how fast are you riding and what kind of car

·
Registered
720 Posts
_Top Sportsman 916 wrote:
_Ron, what's going on? I haven't heard nothing from you since you went to Ron & David's shop. How's the car doing?_______________________________

Sorry Chris i havent kept you updated, been a little slow going with the chassis. Trying to finish the rest of the cage , got the motor plate mounted to the front bars and now i'm working on the mid plate . Modifing the block plate behind the scattersheild to double as the mid plate. Need to finish X ing the door bars, and then work the dash back in around it. Then replace trans tunnel and plate back in the shock towers where we cut them. Need to modify the rear sump pan to get around my drag link so it will be ready for the motor.
Motor wise the short block is pretty much ready except for balancing . Its decked, dome volume checked, and the bearings are fitted and crank ground . Waiting on the cam to come so i can check my piston to valve then i'll know how much i can cut the heads to raise compression. Then rocker ratio and fit the intake , balance and it will pretty much be done .
Sent the car off to have it repainted .
Then i guess it will be time to put it in the car, maybe dyno it first but not sure at this point.Want to have it ready by mid march to start the season.
wow i think i just summed up about six months worth of work .
I know you probably hear this a lot but give me a shout if you get down to the ROCK again , that would have givin me an excuse to come the race. anyway thats about it in a nutshell.
Hows your project?
Ron .
please excuse me i think i goofed on this "quote" thing[/quote]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bruno said:
i wish my cj headed 521 was that fast im about 3400lbs @ 6.19 on motor
your car is flying !!!!!!!!
it looks like yours is faster that good i like to see the ford boys run fast and have good result on the motors they build so good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts