460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2910lbs with a full tank of gas!

140lbs heavier in front than rear without driver, 15lbs heavy in REAR with me sitting in it. Left/right weight is within 50lbs with driver. I can't believe how lucky I got on the weight distribution.

Much to my suprise, this thing would probably have been tail heavy had I not put the big radiator and supercharger up front! Amazing. It also came in about 300lbs lighter than anticipated.

Sometime after my CHP and BAR appointments are over, I'll dyno it. That should be interesting. Late July.

Byron

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I had thought the adverage big block Cobra kit came in at around 3200 lbs. Did you do some things to remove weight, or is around your 2910 lbs total the norm? Sounds like it's going to be a fun ride.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know why...

I really don't know why it came in so light.

The West Coast Cobra weighs in at about 3400lbs with iron heads and a C6 transmission.

I'm using aluminum heads, but have all that bracketry and blower up front...I figured that would be a wash.

I'm using a Viper T56; that's lighter than the C6 but by how much I don't know.

And, I'm using a huge 4" thick brass radiator...that's heavier than the norm.

I'm not using their interior kit...but that's not 500lbs. Don't know, sure seems strange.

My friends superformance big block car is lighter than this WCC. By how much, I don't recall...maybe 150-200lbs or so. EDIT: 2690 without driver; so LOTS lighter than my car.

In any event, I'm pleased with 2910 and the distribution...lucky is better than smart sometimes.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Project car

Tank was full; 22 gallons.

It's a toy. Street legal, actually. It'll be drag raced and road raced.

I'm a fan of your car, by the way...I visit your site and watch the progress now and then. We've also met at a track event a few years ago...although briefly.

It's been over 2 years since I've been at the track.

Byron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts