1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
You'll be fine to grind the edge off of the pump there Nick... I had to do the same to mine, as did others on here...

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Bruno: Randy Malik modified my Kaase pump to fit a Canton Fox pan w/girdle. I believe he machined the cover of the pump and had to remove one "window" from the girdle to make it all work. Check with him, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.
Gary

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
If its on the mount webbing it ok Bruno,Most of them have too be shaved w/die grinder. :) :wink:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey, Nick:
If you're running an internal balanced stroker (I believe you are) you might want to check the clearance between the Kaase pump, and the front throw of your crank. I'm running a 4.50 stroke Scat internal balance crank, and I had to "rub" on the ribs on the pump neck to get it to clear. BTW, the Kaase pump is giving me 75 lb's at idle, and almost 90 lb's @ 3,000 RPM on my 545!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
263 Posts
Canton Girdle Mods

Nick,

I had to do a lot of work on my canton girdle to clear the Kaase pump and the crank itself. I used studs with my girdle so I had to counterbore the girdle for the nut that sits under the pump. I also had to shorten that stud. Make sure you mock everything up with the crank in place. The crank will hit the pump but that is only a 5 minute fix with the die grinder. My girdle was too wide over the tops of the caps and the crank throws would hit it. It was mainly because the girdle was flame cut. I used a die grinder to narrow those portions of the girdle but that took a lot of time. I had to remove almost all of the girdle where it went around the pump to get the studs into the pump and then get the nuts started on the pump. Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
I thought a girdle was deemed un-necessary on this site??? :shock:
I thought all that was needed was a good pan and windage tray. :?:

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
They aren't necessary, Bruno just wants something to hold his Grenade together in one mass, so it makes the clean-up easier...... :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
dfree383 said:
They aren't necessary, Bruno just wants something to hold his Grenade together in one mass, so it makes the clean-up easier...... :shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
--i guess i have to cut out that whole section on the girdle so i can put the pump in last ???
Or you could just ditch the girdle..... :wink: Problem solved :lol:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cut the window out?
I believe that is what Randy Malik ended up doing to mine to get it to work with the Kaase pump!
Gary

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had to do some grinding on my Kaase pump to get it to fit. The girdle the crank throw and then the rod bolt. made it all fit with out major cutting of the main support

1 - 20 of 25 Posts