460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 40 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Don't know if I missed it but what year engine is it? Looks very clean too. Is it all original? Thankfully you have a dad that can and knows how to do all this stuff. I took a chance on mounting my own motors and transmissions. Worked out good though. And yes very nice toenails be careful not to drop anything on them lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
the enging came from a 79 ford truck that i had built an engine for ( racer),its a core

his dad had bought the truck new.

The top end probaly wont be used, but the shortblock ( if all good) will be used.

and yes it will get NOS, and will sometimes see 300HP SHOT im sure.

shes going to tear it down as soon as she can,and then we can start the build,she will be doing most of the work

·
Registered
914 Posts
Nice! Atleast she's into it. My dad started me off tearing down engines and grinding welds when I was like 12 years old. Loved it ever since. It will be great when she pulls up somewhere and someone says "hey nice car" and she can say thanks yeah I built it myself.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
stock rear sup cars ,or back half cars we dont run a miid plate, chassie cars only[/QUOTE]

Awesome, obviousley dont know much about motor plates. But seems a good way to go vice mounts.

How much you getting for them.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like a great start. Rich, if you guys need any help with it let me know. More than happy to help. Have fun.
THANKS JON

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How much you getting for them.[/QUOTE]

249.95 AND ALL THE TEC SUPORT YOU NEED

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lookin good Katie, a LOT cleaner than when we picked it up. The rate you're moving, you're going to beat me getting to the track.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
lots of them are rusty there,the other side is also, just cut it out and repair it

she did a lot today, engine is apart.

ready to install manuel brake pedal,and master cly.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
How much you getting for them.
249.95 AND ALL THE TEC SUPORT YOU NEED[/QUOTE]

Initial tech support, got my motor sitting on the OPG mounts now, what is entailed in putting this thing on. The motor is a mock, bare black, heads, valve covers and headers.

Does it come with all the brackets or whatever to mount it? I have no idea on this, but it seems like a good idea. Particularly for Alt mount optiones. So how much work are we talking? How much a PITA to keep my current geometry and any mods I need to make down the driveline.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Is that 1 rusty rod or am I seeing things? Its red kind of...

Actually, the red color is due to copper coating. Ford does this for either resizing the big/small ends of the rods or for weight purposes. I am not exactly sure what the purpose is. I do see rods coated in this fashion regularly and, not just Ford specifically either.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
need list

katies need list
---------------

c6 converter 3500/4000 stall

rev man valve body

shifter for rev man valve body

kirkey seat (s)

c6 alum pan

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
I think I found your answer about the different colored rod:

High build up copper cyanide Trade name COPPERLOOM.

The manufacture can't aford to throw away every rod that gets .0001 or so over size. So, a thin coat of copper was plated on the rejects to bring them back to a size that could be re-machined to make acceptable. This was a lot cheaper than throwing them a way.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I think I found your answer about the different colored rod:

High build up copper cyanide Trade name COPPERLOOM.

The manufacture can't aford to throw away every rod that gets .0001 or so over size. So, a thin coat of copper was plated on the rejects to bring them back to a size that could be re-machined to make acceptable. This was a lot cheaper than throwing them a way.
YES WAS TOLD THEY'ED DIP or spray the ones that were off (to big too small) then redo them later. and also because of weight. thanks

21 - 40 of 140 Posts