460 Ford Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
we were only able to get it out to the track 2 times this year, but all in all it went pretty good

first time out something got into the fuel ( sometimes comes with pump gas) pump, who knows where that came from. very first pass it laid down bad after hitting high gear. fuel presser went to 0 at anything over 5000 rpm. back in the pits the pump would run for a bit then lock up.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
congrats Katie

been pretty good this year

looks like she will finish 3rd in points and went to 2 finals. she went back to back 11.14 @ ,and then a 11.15 in bad air at over 3000 feet, track was not the best for the small tire, but shes happy. both passes were right at 121.xx mph

good old 460 on 93

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
forgot to say the last race was a 2 day deal, sat & sun. sec Qal round in the burnout box she thought the brake ped felt funny,so we went back to the pits, when you would pump it 4 times the 5th time it went to the floor, every 5th pump. very weird. so she missed first round sat,and that really hurt her in points

so at 12 midnight theres a master being taking off a car so we can race on sunday. m1931 which is what we wanted in the first place.

not sure of what they had sold her but it was not a m1931. all fixed we ran sun and well you know the rest of the story.

-R

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
made some test hits sun, she went 121xx,121xx,121xx, 121xx, mph

11.14 off the trailer , 11.07 11.02's 10.99.0 10.89 @ 122.5x mph

1.55 60ft

6.91 1/8

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Pretty good. Did you happen to get any video? I'd love to see it run.
Thank's, Id say real good for a cast piston,stock rods,and block from 1978, hows your going?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
They are some very impressive times from that mostly stock combo. When do you plan on spraying it?
In a few weeks most likely , need to get other things done first. We have ran 10.20 with this combo in a car that leaves better,and has more work done to the intake,and heads. just ran out of time on this one.

thanks

Rich

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
More pictures. Anyone know is there a way to post video?
Im simple, low tech. I take the videos with my Galaxy smart phone, then I saved it to You Tube, (created my own library, gave it a title etc) Then I copy the You Tube link and paste it to my posts on here.

Used to do all that Photobucket hooey, but it is a time sink, the low tech save, copy paste is the bomb. Ive posted a few videos on my page, Project 532 Gydyup

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Im simple, low tech. I take the videos with my Galaxy smart phone, then I saved it to You Tube, (created my own library, gave it a title etc) Then I copy the You Tube link and paste it to my posts on here.

Used to do all that Photobucket hooey, but it is a time sink, the low tech save, copy paste is the bomb. Ive posted a few videos on my page, Project 532 Gydyup
Sorry Rich, I SHARE it to You Tube, vice save it...should take you right there. That little icon on your phone that looks like a <: sideways V with balls on it.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Sorry Rich, I SHARE it to You Tube, vice save it...should take you right there. That little icon on your phone that looks like a <: sideways V with balls on it.
she has some vids,but has been busy. she also said shes having a hard time signing in here,lol

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
she has some vids,but has been busy. she also said shes having a hard time signing in here,lol
It seems like every few weeks, I have to go through the lost my password, cant log in here BS...not sure whats up with that?
Look forward to some videos, you and your Katie are making the path I want for my girls. They help me out in the shop, and I am looking for that Fox, Maverick etc bracket car to get theirs started (Shelby wants Jr Dragster, but the coin on those Id rather have in a bracket car that will stay with them)....what an awesome adventure you two are having...keep it up, keep it coming.0:)

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
It seems like every few weeks, I have to go through the lost my password, cant log in here BS...not sure whats up with that?
Look forward to some videos, you and your Katie are making the path I want for my girls. They help me out in the shop, and I am looking for that Fox, Maverick etc bracket car to get theirs started (Shelby wants Jr Dragster, but the coin on those Id rather have in a bracket car that will stay with them)....what an awesome adventure you two are having...keep it up, keep it coming.0:)
Well then you would really like my grandsons build(just turned 17) . Did a mild small block for a 86 Mustang. We didnt have enough Iron laying around for another 429 based engine like Katie's, runs good tho,and hes learning. This winter a bbf will go together for it.

He will be porting his own Dove heads,He's in for a surprise, lol. Lots of work. I told him I'll weld 'em,Your grinding. Unless he trips over a pair of alum heads by then

-Rich

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Can you give the engine spec's please? Didn't see them other than cam brand name and you ported the original heads?

Thanks

Not a lot to tell, short is from a 78 f250, same rods,pistons,and crank that were in it. dove heads,victor intake . around 10 to 1

it was .030 bored at some time, pistons are cast. cam spec's are posted.

no. didnt port org heads,it had d3's on it. I used a pair of DOVEs I had

121 - 140 of 140 Posts