460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a car show the other day when a guy noticed that I didn't have a trans kick down. He said I should have one to improve trans operation, I've never had one since I have owned my truck (12 years). I have a mildly built 56 Ford F-100 with a 466 w/ C6 with a 3.25 rear gear, it's mostly a street driver and I put on approx.300 miles a year.
I thought I'd ask what idea's do you guys have ?
J.

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
I was at a car show the other day when a guy noticed that I didn't have a trans kick down. He said I should have one to improve trans operation, I've never had one since I have owned my truck (12 years). I have a mildly built 56 Ford F-100 with a 466 w/ C6 with a 3.25 rear gear, it's mostly a street driver and I put on approx.300 miles a year.
I thought I'd ask what idea's do you guys have ?
J.

If you drive aggressively at WOT hook up the KD rod. This sends the trans into detent increasing line pressure and drops a gear or two depending on speed. You are less likely to burn up your clutch packs with the additional apply pressure.

It also extends the WOT shift points.

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Same. Unless you drive aggessively its a whatever. Overall it is beneficial. Lokar makes a nice kit that is easy to adapt and set up, looks good also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have used Lokars kickdown cable system on c6 transmissions. Its a nice kit that is very user friendly. Also it does not require a Ford style carb.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have a new in box Lokar kickdown cable that I can't use. If you're interested I'll give you a smoking deal on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts