460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
They're saying The Farmers Almanac says we're suppose to get another one next week!! I hope not!!!!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They're saying The Farmers Almanac says we're suppose to get another one next week!! I hope not!!!!!
Thats what my parents said. They said Farmers Almanac missed the first storm by 2 days...

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
ice storm

A local utility worker from here went down to help restore power and got killed by a falling branch I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Randy,
When you get all the Oak cut up (16 inch long) and split, call me and I will come and pick it up.:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
ICE STORM

Randy those are great pictures Becca took. As I was cutting trees and limbs off my shop somewhere during the third day, I was simply amazed as to the amount of ice attached to everything! I would in most instances, cut through 3/4" to 1" of ice before reaching wood! I almost took a few pictures myself. I thought how interesting it would be to take a single pine cone or twig, take a picture and weight it with ice. Then take the item inside and place it into a pan, take another picture after the ice had melted and weight the water and item to offer an example of the weight the ice has provided! Oh well, too much cutting and repairing to do! Simple pine branches any of us could grab and take off with became an absolute tug-of-war to move! I would just as soon not see another glitter of ice or a pine tree! I cut, burned trees and repaired property here for three weeks straight, and still have some cutting and cleaning to do!

Best regards,
Dave.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Here is one of our neighbor's water maple drooped over our driveway.
We couldn't use our driveway for 4 days because the tree held it hostage !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts