460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here run larger fuel line from a stock ford tank? Any help would be appreciated. 79 ford truck stock tank, 650-700 hp. Do I need to go biggger?

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I had a '72 that had the in-cab tank that I ran a 1/2" fuel system in. Pull the sending unit/pick up tube, remove the 3/8" pickup, install a 1/2" aluminum pick up tube with a -8 fitting JB Welded to it and you're in business.
Rob

·
Registered
441 Posts
I havent done that yet but i was thinking the same thing the stock fuel sending unit in mine has a 5/16 outlet but i ran 3/8 line from it, Know it didnt fix the problem but made me feel a littel bit better. Seems like thats like suckin fuel through a straw.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, I have I used a 1/2 inch compression bulkhead fitting in place of the factory 5/16 tube in the factory pickup. I shoved 1/2 aluminum fuel line down through the bulkhead fitting and ran it to the front of the truck. Worked great until I went to a fuel cell.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i'm kinda curious as to my setup in '77 f150 around 475hp, i have all the stock lines and pickup running a holley 110gph mechanical pump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts