460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
x

That's a darn shame! Although at age 70, the gentleman might be tired and ready to move on! He could crush all those cars except for the Mustang's, pocket some money and still have a fortune of inventory!

Dave.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Looks like its mostly junk, but alot of good parts need to be pulled on the way to the shreader.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I go to Maine every summer and if I take I95 instead of my usual route, it'll take a little longer to get there but this place is literally right next to the highway. I'm debating if I wanna to check it out this summer, looks pretty big.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
prostudebaker said:
well if there crushin right now there crazy or need money badly because the price for shread right now is terible . brad
That's for :shock: sure

·
Registered
379 Posts
PLEASE, someone must atleast save the fastbacks!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
There is a yard like that near me. Bunch of cool cars in the woods. After they sit like that with all of the leaves and dampness, they rot up pretty quickly. It's a shame. I wouldn't want to tackle a resto on one of them. Maybe some parts could be saved, or the roof used for a tube chassis race car where the rest is 'glass.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
There's still a bunch of valuable stuff in there, I'd love to get my hands on some of it!!Damn ,what a shame!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was ecstatic,the site was back up!Now I'm crushed!Give me one day,just one day in that yard,get him blind drunk(heard he's close to blind anyhow).The old hemi's alone are worth a fortune!I recently salvaged one out of a 50's dodge school bus,rat rod mania and all has put the price tag on those million pound beasts through the roof!Found a 59ab flathead out junkin',brought 1k+ just in parts!The poor old guy is either senile or stupid.I need to hit a lottery!

·
Registered
183 Posts
that reminds me of a junkyard not far from atco raceway in nj. in a small town called friendship.. it makes you feel like your walking back in time as you walk down the rows of cars..i was in there this spring, once back into the woods everything from the 20's to the 60's can be found.. we spent the whole day just walking around and taking pictures..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know what the man is probably thinking

We have about 80 or so, 60's Fords in our parts car collection. Now we are moving out of state. We are going to have to crush them. I mean, what do you do? Move 80 cars 500 miles?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Re: I know what the man is probably thinking

EdsSpeedShop said:
We have about 80 or so, 60's Fords in our parts car collection. Now we are moving out of state. We are going to have to crush them. I mean, what do you do? Move 80 cars 500 miles?
Big sale !!!! :D :D Part the good stuff out and crush the rest.

·
Registered
823 Posts
460stang79, I've been to friendship a few times. Those guys want outrageous prices for most stuff. They think everything they have is gold, but most of it is rusted out junk that was damaged by them on the way in. They take engines out by lifting the car up, putting some tires under it, and torching the frame and brackets. Let it drop 5-6 feet and sell it for top dollar.

There isn't much there is the way of a real find or bargain, but they have a lot of little parts and typical stuff folks may need that they probably won't be selling much of for the prices they're asking. Supposedly when the old man died that was the end of a reasonable operation for those folks. Let 'em crush it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oh, as far as other yards that may be useful... Old man Bleetler used to have some good stuff for reasonable prices. I got my whole clutch pedal, bracket, z-bar, etc. for my '68 Gal from him for just over $20. Couldn't believe that one! He was hanging on to that old Custom for me though, not sure if he still has it. He crushed a lot of his older stuff that was mostly picked over a while back. I've got a few things for some of my trucks from him though. I'll go to his yard before I'll go to either of the Albion shops.

There's that goat yard down off Black Horse Pike past Williamstown. He's got a lot of nice parts in there, all '70s or older. He wants high prices, some stuff will sit there and rot away because he wants too much but a lot of it he is reasonable on or will drop the prices a bit if the part needs some work to be usable.

Good truck yard down off 206... Forget the name but they have mostly truck stuff there.

Also that place farther down the pike towards the shore. I forget it's called but they used to have a bunch of old stuff. They scrapped most of it though. They were pricks to me once when I left. They got a metal detector they have you walk through and we were almsot at blows because of my steel toe boots. Last time I ever went there. They also seem to have a seperate area to the side fenced off there the "good stuff" stays.

Any other good yards in Jersey? I been to several others but nothing that has old stuff. All new junk.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts