460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Looks like a lack of horsepower to me??What gear and what size convertor do you have Nick? The car looks like it's working ok,the front wheels are up , so it's hooking on the hit.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
not near enough air.............min 12 psi - 13.5 psi will work best..............i will bet if you look at your tires the outside 2" of tread are shredded looking.........

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Re: launch pictures ---analize for me ....

bruno said:

1.52 short time

1.42 short time all on motor ----
Don't this bad mother look just like a bird killer?? Here tweety tweety tweety

D

·
0 Posts
Bruno, Post some video it will give everyone a better idea.

Is the car doing something funny? What have you change?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
in that case it looks to leave pretty damn good for the combo on motor.

spray a 300 hit off the line you better hang on.........

Tweety would be in trouble for sure. :wink:

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
bruno said:
dfree383 said:

sorry i have no video close up---- i would think it should have a better short time....
What is your rpm at the 1/4 mile?

You could swap to a 4.56 or 4.80 for the Bash. :lol: 4.11 for the spray.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
bruno said:
dfree383 said:

sorry i have no video close up---- i would think it should have a better short time....
it wont with a glide and a tight nitrous converter...........im surprised at the 1.41 with the setup for spray.............

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't know dit about drag racing, but if you shift it at 7200 you should go thru the traps at 7200 I think. so drop to a 4.11 and get it dialed in for the 1/4 mile and for the 1/8 I'd drop to a 4.56.

This is from a pullers stand point to be in your your red line as much as you can.

If I'm wrong let me know ..

My Motor has a red zone of 7800 to 8200 and that's where I try to keep it during my pulls.

OK did a little wheel speed charting for ya .
28" tire at 6500 RPM with 3.73 gears = 145.61 MPH.
28" tire at 7200 RPM with 4.11 gears = 145.92 MPH.
But you'll have a much better 60 ft. with the 4.11's

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Ok guys,

If Bruno is running a glide and a 3.73 gear, what gear would he have to run with a c/4 to be geared the same in low gear.

Answer 2.67 :1

Bruno,
If I remember what you told me about your cam, I think you are under your torque peak when you leave the line. You can have a tight converter and still leave at your peak or close. Just make sure it don't blow through it when on the spray.

Last year my 514 went 1.42 on 60 ft with the converter locking 600 rpm below peak . I had the wrong cam in it .

I think your converter needs tweeking.

Blake

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
IDT-572 said:
Ok guys,

If Bruno is running a glide and a 3.73 gear, what gear would he have to run with a c/4 to be geared the same in low gear.

Answer 2.67 :1

Bruno,
If I remember what you told me about your cam, I think you are under your torque peak when you leave the line. You can have a tight converter and still leave at your peak or close. Just make sure it don't blow through it when on the spray.

Last year my 514 went 1.42 on 60 ft with the converter locking 600 rpm below peak . I had the wrong cam in it .

I think your converter needs tweeking.

Blake
Gee, he should get some good gas mileage! :p

What is first gear in a glide?

D

·
0 Posts
bruno said:
jones i shift at 7200 ---it goes thru the traps at 6500
On NO2 or N/A ?

Your combo sounds fine for a car using a good sized hit of Juice. The set-ups are different........ Totaly N/A you'll want more gear and a looser converter.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts