460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of scary, but true.


This incident happened recently in North Texas .
A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of
coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was
taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on
Wednesday.
The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced
to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass. Tests showed that
the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease
Leptospirosis.
Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly
recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of soda cans before
drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and
transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.
A study at NYCU showed that the tops of soda cans are more
contaminated than public toilets (i.e).. full of germs and bacteria. So
wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind
of fatal accident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
I worked for one of the major soda companies for a few years. If you buy intact cases you should be fine. Stay away from six packs and packages that are closed on the ends with clear tape. Those packages contain cans from broken cases. A good portion of those cans were in a case that had a "leaker", and IF they were cleaned at all it wasn't very well. They often sit around in a wharehouse until somebody needs extra hours and repackages them. Yummy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
Damn! Beat me to the Snopes. :)
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top