460 Ford Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is wrong with just not posting about Politics and Religon? (or jokes that get other forum members stirred)

Chilly doesn't have any rules writen in writing but has made it clear in the past that these threads do nothing good for the forum.

If you want to post about your religion or lack of, why don't you find a website that talks about that? Same goes for Politics or lack of.

I'm just wondering what you think you are accomplishing when you post about these topics?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I enjoy a good discussion. If these topics were anywhere but the "garage" section, I wouldn't like to see them. But I like it that we can have people who are into hot rodding share their opinions on stuff like this. I've learned some stuff and, more importantly, it gives me different points of view to think about.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I personally have no problem with somebody talking about their religion or politics as long as it's from a point of positivity about their own beliefs. Bret's signiture and the name of his truck are perfect examples.

I think the problems in these threads come from insulting other people's point of view, or telling others what they shoud believe or how they should behave.

One of my professors used to say....."you don't have to be anti-union to be pro-management". Along the same lines, I don't think you have to be anti-liberal to be pro-conservative, anti-Islam to be pro-Christian, or anti-chevy to be pro-Ford.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I hate to even reply to this being a newby and all but If something I'm reading bothers me I simply stop reading it. :idea: :wink:

·
Registered
82 Posts
personally have no problem with somebody talking about their religion or politics as long as it's from a point of positivity about their own beliefs. Bret's signiture and the name of his truck are perfect examples.

I think the problems in these threads come from insulting other people's point of view, or telling others what they shoud believe or how they should behave.

One of my professors used to say....."you don't have to be anti-union to be pro-management". Along the same lines, I don't think you have to be anti-liberal to be pro-conservative, or anti-Islam to be pro-Christian.
Well said.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
As you can tell, I enjoy the discussions. I'm not one who checks out 10 different forums every day. I just go here and FTE. I will try and not get involved with it anymore, I can't make any promises though. My point of view is: if you don't like it, don't click on it. For those of us that do enjoy a lively discussion it is a good place to see others point of view, learn something new and maybe even get our opinions changed.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol: :lol:

But you don't realize something! I have to read every thread! Who is watching out for me??? (I have a fragile mind) :? I have to read all this bickering. Then someone will Pm me talking about how they don't think this or this and this should have been said.

What about those new people that want to join and don't know not to read a certian thread. :lol:

Do you really want to put me through this????? I have to work sometime you know?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I usually go by the 'mixed company' rule. If it's not something I would say or do in mixed company, I don't post it.

I'd be just as happy if the relig & politic talk stays off 460ford. Those two are just lightning rods for arguments.

my 2 lincs

·
Registered
82 Posts
Jones, Sorry for causing you grief!! I guess I have had a pretty fair share in stirring things up. I just feel there is a status quo on this forum. Only the Hardline political or religous stuff gets posted. If you differ in opinion, you get attacked and Fire and brimstone rains down on you. Theirs no point in that. I will keep it to myself. Again, sorry for the grief.

D

·
0 Posts
I'm all for not Starting threads or talking about Religion and Politics (unless it relates to cars....) but on the flip side, If you can't take the heat for posting about questionable subjects or are playing with subjects that can possibly get responses that could offend you, then don't post it....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
sorry Jones. I didn't realize that you alone were the moderator. I will stop.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not that it bothers me in one sense but in another it does. Just the fact that we get comfortable in here and forget that we are on the world wide web. We know for a fact that magazines read our forum and publish some of our threads!

I don't know, maybe it is just me. Since I read all these threads where some folks just skim over them. I feel like I know a lot of you and have met a lot. Just kinda seems like a home, you don't want to show the world your dirty laundry.

No, I'm not calling anyone dirty laundry! :lol:

Besides I have my aluminum foil head gear on! Do don't even think about trying to read my mind!! :shock: I saw planes circling overhead, I think they found me! :p

·
Registered
407 Posts
The ONLY thing that bothers me is the covert and sometimes outright name calling/insulting that goes on.Debate is one thing and often good.But calling some one Bible this, Bible that,Liberal this, Liberal that,etc. ... .Insult will lead to hard feelings and serve to disrupt.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.