460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right everybody lets hear the good stuff!!! any nasty thor, profiler or c460, e460 or whatever you may have in the garage lets show and tell a little :lol: . any builds, stories,expectations etc. etc. maybe some of the boyz from down unda might want to vent a little i hear there's some nasty stuff over them parts! was told their prostockers are actually small blocks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
SSO2028,
You are correct. our Pro-Stocks are 400 cube sm blocks.
Currently running 7.1 in the qtr.

Not a huge amount of BBF cars over here :cry:
I can post some pics of some of them on the weekend.
There's a couple in the build stage in my garage,
but they are just street cars :wink:

George

·
Registered
113 Posts
706 or bigger NMRA Lightning. All the good stuff but going to calm it down(abunch) Dont want to be a 2 pump squirt type (cant afford a lot of breakage) Light weight, aero, good weight bias. All aluminum, C460, dry sump, billet everything, glide. heads and intake are Sonny Leonard w/ pro mod cnc porting, 4 stages nos bunged(plugged them bad boys) Would like to make around 1100hp @ 6000 or less. 3.22 rear gears. CM 25.5 chassis should come in around 2200#, all glass body 145#. Probally going to run 33x10.5W Doing everything myself but eng. and tranny, saving a ton (ya, right) won the 2004 NMRA race at US131 Martin with my 2000 Lightning swicthed to a 88 bb notch for OC, couldnt hardly get in and out of the *****.(old and tired) Wanted my L back. So this is my last race car. This is the motor recipe that I like but with a little more compression.
http://www.maxchevy.com/tech/2006/i_1-sonnys-1.html

[/img]

[/img]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats bad a$$!!!!! looks awesome to say the least would like to see what that pony puts out! nice to see people spending some money besides me! LOL! :eek: I THINK YOUR GONNA HAVE TO 25.2 THAT THING! it sure looks like its got alot more than 7.50's in her on motor alone!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlownShotGun said:
SSO2028,
You are correct. our Pro-Stocks are 400 cube sm blocks.
Currently running 7.1 in the qtr.

Not a huge amount of BBF cars over here :cry:
I can post some pics of some of them on the weekend.
There's a couple in the build stage in my garage,
but they are just street cars :wink:

George

are their any ford prostocks over there? would love to see some pics!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Well I am in the process of building a 665 Hemi with C&C Motorsports Boss 9 heads ( updated A441's). It has 4.6" Arias pistons, GRP 5300 series 7.4" alum. rods, Crower 5" billet crank, Danny Bee belt drive, Roberts Design 11.2" alum block, Peterson 4 stage dry sump,Stef's dry sump pan, & HRE sheet metal intake, & dual Ron's 2100 cfm Terminators. Ron & David Sykes @ Sykes Brothers Cylinder Heads are working their magic on the heads & intake. Cam will be determined when we have the final number's on the heads. Cam will actually be pretty mild for this set up. I also have a 1.80 geared Coan " Big Dog" PG, & will start with a 4.29 gear in my MW's alum center section. The car was built by Vanishing Point Race Cars & currently weighs 2600 lbs w/driver with my 557 CJ built around an A460 block. Hoping to be 2500 lbs when we put the all aluminum hemi in.
[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
bruno said:
**** all you guys have too MUCH money !!!!!!!!!
Bruno, I really don't have that much money. I just have a lot of patience. I started buying hemi parts when I bought the heads back in October 2004. So 3 1/2 yrs later, I'm still collecting parts. But I am a lot closer now. Block is being machined & rotating assy being balanced @ C&C Motorsports. :D

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
706L said:
I dont have any money. I just make house calls and visit my BBF buddies :D
Ed, you know you are always welcome at my house. What are BBF brothers for anyway??? By the way, looks like you made some progress with the body mounting. Looking good!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
George, unless hemi heads aren't considered the good stuff anymore. :wink:
Chris,
The hemi stuff isn't that good. Send them to me, I'll pay the shipping! :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BlownShotGun said:
Chris,
I didn't read him asking about any Boss Headed deals? :wink:

George
couldn't fit the hemi in the subject line! :eek: i would have built a hemi over what i have any day of the week but my organization doesn't allow them in my class I'll have to rephrase that. the hemi is not "the good stuff" it's "THE BEST STUFF" :lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TopSportsman916 said:
Well I am in the process of building a 665 Hemi with C&C Motorsports Boss 9 heads ( updated A441's). It has 4.6" Arias pistons, GRP 5300 series 7.4" alum. rods, Crower 5" billet crank, Danny Bee belt drive, Roberts Design 11.2" alum block, Peterson 4 stage dry sump,Stef's dry sump pan, & HRE sheet metal intake, & dual Ron's 2100 cfm Terminators. Ron & David Sykes @ Sykes Brothers Cylinder Heads are working their magic on the heads & intake. Cam will be determined when we have the final number's on the heads. Cam will actually be pretty mild for this set up. I also have a 1.80 geared Coan " Big Dog" PG, & will start with a 4.29 gear in my MW's alum center section. The car was built by Vanishing Point Race Cars & currently weighs 2600 lbs w/driver with my 557 CJ built around an A460 block. Hoping to be 2500 lbs when we put the all aluminum hemi in.
[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]
chris, that thing is a true monster!!!! sick build man! i talked to carrol carter the other day and tom roberts from what carrol told me he had a set of those monster heads down there his newest version with about $50,000 invested in r&d and that nhra approved heads for prostock but they needed a signature from someone from ford motor co. jim cunningham has 2or 3 blocks down at carrols right now and is from what i understood is gearing up for the new heads. by the way i wanna see some more parts on that baby soon ! how fast do you plan on runnin and what class?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts