460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys post pictures of how you mounted your alternators and the pulleys you used off of your balancers.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
fearlane send me a pm with your phone in it or jump on the teck chat tonight and i will explain it...i am a borderline old fart and have pic posting deficiency syndrome....bobn

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

I have a electric water pump, and i don't have a pulley yet for my Innovations West Dampner.. The brackets i have for my alternator are off of the 69 Lincoln, and won't work with the electric water pump.. Basically i want to find a pulley for the Innovations Dampner that is as small as possible.. what is out there? Thanks

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Now that is just too cool! How did ya make it, Greg? Beat on it with a hammer or was welding involved?
It is folded in 3mm steel plate , then the top gusset is welded in and linished off smooth.. Machined the spacers to the block .Works well , all one piece makes it nice and solid .
I did another and had it chromed came up pretty nice . The bottom pulley is a clevo one machined back and water pump uses an aussie 6 cylinder one bolts right on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone..

I ordered a crank pulley from CVF Racing... I ordered the 2v one and will machine off the 2v.. i only need one, but the single is to far from the balancer. Maybe i will keep the second for a Evac pump?? I will fab from there.. Thanks for your help guys!! Richard

·
Registered
290 Posts
what water pump or water pump pulley are you useing? with myset up i have a fan shroud and the summit 3300 cfm fan for a fox body mustang. i have very little room between teh fan blades and my water pump bolts. i am afraid it may touch at some point . so i am looking for a water pump or a single or doul groove water pump pully to give myself a little more room. right now i have the 3 gorrve water pump pulley.. any advice?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts