460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what everyone drives on a daily basis, so post em up. :D Mine is a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX. I just turned 275,000 miles two days ago, and I've owned it since it was brand new. It still gets 22mpg on my 86 mile round trip commute each day, and doesn't use a drop of oil. I'm only on my third set of brakes, which is not bad with all the Brain Donor drivers here in Jersey. :lol: It even has the original cats, O2 sensors, water pump, etc.. I rebuilt the 8.8 rear myself, added a traction lock, and changed gears from 3.27's to 3.73's, and currently down to 2.73's. Believe it or not, there's no difference from 3.73's to 2.73's, except on a grade, the 3.73's never shifted out of OD. The gas mileage was the same. I may put them back in, since I'll be towing the Fairlane to the track more often. I don't think I'll be driving it to Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ any longer, with the 521 in there. :lol: The only thing that doesn't work is the ABS, which I plan on finally fixing when the NGS Scan Tool comes that I just bought. Here's a couple shots......

A little fun at St. Thomas Dragway in Ontario, after taking a tour of the ST. Thomas Plant where my Vic was made. :lol:

·
Registered
685 Posts
This is mine.. 72 F-100. I use to drive her 62 miles round trip every day, but now I have a little car for the wear and tear. Hope this counts?? :?

this is my summer daily driver...

Cheers

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
This is my driver, it aint much for beauty but it runs a mid-10 sec 1/8 on motor @ just under 5600#. Haven't run it with the NOS for time but it picked up almost 15 mph in the 1/8 with a 150 hp shot. I use this truck for everything from dump runs to hunting to just goin to the grocery store. I sure get a lot of looks, especially after I blow somebody's doors off. When I took it to the track last summer, the announcer said: And here comes Doug Roope in what looks to be his granddaddy's farm truck. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
My daily driver- 1997 Nissan Maxima. This is the 3rd one I've owned, as I got a little crazy in my teenage years and totaled the other 2 :roll:

Just turned over 160,000 miles, all stock down to the origional clutch except for Brembo zinc plated/slotted brakes all the way around/stainless steel brake lines and SS clutch line and stereo system and still going strong. It's pretty quick too(for a 3.0V6 w/ 190hp/210tq @3010lbs & 5spd), but gets 30mpg on the highway, which is the real reason I drive it- lots better than the Bronco w/466, but not NEAR as much fun :twisted:

-Matt

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'll bite.

93 Cavalier, that I turned into a Z24 clone. Was a 4 cyl VL (Value Leader :p ) but I slowly turned it into what you see before you now with a mild 3.1.. (say 135 at the wheels). Cheap car, cheap insurance, 24 average MPG, reliable, and FWD.

Had it 4 years so far.. Yes, it's that Green Go Dodge color. Yes, it's a Chevy.. flame away. :wink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
blown86hallet said:
This is mine.. 72 F-100. I use to drive her 62 miles round trip every day, but now I have a little car for the wear and tear. Hope this counts?? :?

this is my summer daily driver...

Cheers
i love that truck! do you have anymore pics?

·
Registered
293 Posts
i have no pics but my daily is a 94 lincoln mark viii. i plan on putting 4.10s, 3500 stall and exhaust. should run 13s after mods.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I hope us Aussies can join in on this one.
This is my 2003 BA Falcon XR8 ute. All factory.
5.4 quad cam, known as Boss 260, being 260kw (or 350hp).
Tremec 5 speed. ABS. Cruise control. Usual stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5L is the daily workhorse. It has a Borla header, Stromeg mid pipe and Borla cat back. My summer cruiser is a 1999 Cobra. Winter beater is a 1987 F-250.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My daily is 2006 ranger 4x4 4door supercab 4.0 5spd :)
How do you auzzie always have the cool cars from ford? :D
We don't get them like that :cry:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1970galaxie, that is a neat looking car! I bet it's pretty quick too. :)

JSRacing, I love that truck too. That is my favorite year of the duallies. 8)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts