460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys buy your lexon for your drag car? I have heard of Shakedown... any others? I don't have a template, or the old glass out of my Fairlane... I would have to make one... What do you guys suggest? Thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If your going to be cutting/making your own Lexan windows (vs buying prefab) most any local sheet plastics supplier should be able to get you a 4' x 8' or 4' x 10' 1/8" thick sheet of either normal Lexan, or the more expensive coated Margard Lexan.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I can get you hooked up. We use 5 Star in our stuff, but I use Percy's for most of my customers and especially for blank sheets. Depending on what you are putting it in, you may want to see if they have something available for the car/truck you are running that is pre-formed. You will still have to make a template and cut it out, but it will be much easier.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lexon

Cale... i don't have templates, but i could get some.. Shakedown has the Mar Lexon that is already to install with install kits front windshield in 3/16 and rear in 1/8 for 545.00 shipped.. is that a good deal? Thanks

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
What are you putting it in? It may be cheap, but I don't know without knowing what you are putting it in. Also, keep in mind that if it is a blank kit that isn't molded or contoured to fit your vehicle, you may wish you would have spent just a little extra to get it. If you could, send me an email with what you are putting it into and I will get you some additional info. [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts