460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all first post here. I have a 1966 Lincoln Continental convertible. Looking to change up the power plant as not only is the 462 tired, but parts and upgrades and more or less non-existent. I believe it was either 1967 or 68 that they switched the car over to the 460. From my understanding these cars are the same “model/generation” and therefore used the same transmission? Wikipedia says the car had 2 different automatics (I know Wikipedia is not the most reliable source) so I’m unsure if the transmission was changed as well with the 460. If it is the same, I would assume this could be a relatively easy swap to do, same transmission bolts and stuff and still retain the classic style of the Lincoln. Anyone have any info about this? Thanks!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi,
welcome to the forums, if you are a Facebook user go to groups and look up Suicide Slabs, thousands of members and many many of them have done this very swap you are looking to do, lots of information and helpful people....it's a group dedicated to those Lincolns

You can get lots of information here, more targeted to the 460 engine itself, hope this helps....

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts