460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEED TO KNOW IF THE RE-REVISED(THINK IT'S CALLED THE B HEAD) FROM KASIE IS A GOOD START FOR A 557 CUBIC INCH .. IS THERE A BETTER HEAD FOR THE MONEY, WITHOUT HAVING TO DO A CRAP LOAD OF PORTING??????????WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHT'S.....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The Kaase P51 head is one of, if not the best performing head for stock configuration situations.

You will need the specific pistons to allow for the revised valve angles.

If you already have pistons that are stock valve angles the TFS street head is a good alternative.

There are lots of people running the Kaase deal on 550 plus inch engines making 800 plus horsepower. not neccessarilly all straight out of the box but a very good head none the less.

dkp

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Kaase P51 head is one of, if not the best performing head for stock configuration situations.

You will need the specific pistons to allow for the revised valve angles.

If you already have pistons that are stock valve angles the TFS street head is a good alternative.

There are lots of people running the Kaase deal on 550 plus inch engines making 800 plus horsepower. not neccessarilly all straight out of the box but a very good head none the less.

dkp
hey thanx, theese are all respectful answer's and the piston are not stock they are 12.5 to1 witch should do me some good...

·
Registered
631 Posts
hey thanx, theese are all respectful answer's and the piston are not stock they are 12.5 to1 witch should do me some good...
The notches still have to be in the correct position for the head your using! Stock/CJ heads/TFS Streets, SCJ/P51, & Kaase Boss all have different valve notch locations. If you already have a set of pistons, you either have to use the heads they were designed for or cut new valve notches.
Gary

·
Registered
219 Posts
JT557

What brand/part# pistons do you have? This would help everyone answer your question.

12.5:1 with what cc chamber?

If you havent sold those procomps yet you may just want to run those. I read that you say you got taken for a ride by your engine guy but maybe he actually planned/purchased parts to work together within the budget you gave him??

Aaron

·
Registered
219 Posts
JT557

Do a youtube search "procomp heads"

Their are some guys makin big power from procomps (even if its not with a bbf)

Work this combo and show everyone how much power it can make.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
JT557

Do a youtube search "procomp heads"

Their are some guys makin big power from procomps (even if its not with a bbf)

Work this combo and show everyone how much power it can make.
I have a few friends running them on SBC's and they say they are great heads, apparently they have some work to do on the BBF versions but we will see if they correct the issues they have with them. I am sure they have been told of the problems. But there are guys running in the 9's with them on BBF's.

·
Registered
219 Posts
X2

I'm not trying to defend or bash the procomps, I'm just saying it sounds like your already setup for them. Run em! A head swap later is not a big deal. And its not like the $$ your asking for them is gonna pay for something better.
You probably would have an easier time selling them later too if they have already been proven.
Aaron

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
no way !

JT557

What brand/part# pistons do you have? This would help everyone answer your question.

12.5:1 with what cc chamber?

If you havent sold those procomps yet you may just want to run those. I read that you say you got taken for a ride by your engine guy but maybe he actually planned/purchased parts to work together within the budget you gave him??

Aaron
I am in the prosses of selling the comp's, and the chamber will not work for me pluss i'm runnin a flat top weisco,as far as the valve relief, i have to wait for the heads that i'm in prosses of purchasing,so the comps can and will never see the likes of my 557, i would never run sutch a big chamber , i would have to run a dome piston and i want good flame travel,so that's that, new heads are scj-b,68cc chamber the valve angle cut will be done by macheinist,so i no need to worry about that....and another thing Fu*K that guy he fu*ked me ,he's an as*...(sorry about the language i'm pissed) and fu*k the budget now too late i want real power and i'll get it.. (determend)
I'll do it all alone,i know and will learn enough.....thanx for your comment ..
JT557.............

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am in the prosses of selling the comp's, and the chamber will not work for me pluss i'm runnin a flat top weisco,as far as the valve relief, i have to wait for the heads that i'm in prosses of purchasing,so the comps can and will never see the likes of my 557, i would never run sutch a big chamber , i would have to run a dome piston and i want good flame travel,so that's that, new heads are scj-b,68cc chamber the valve angle cut will be done by macheinist,so i no need to worry about that....and another thing Fu*K that guy he fu*ked me ,he's an as*...(sorry about the language i'm pissed) and fu*k the budget now too late i want real power and i'll get it.. (determend)
I'll do it all alone,i know and will learn enough.....thanx for your comment ..
JT557.............
People here are trying to help you but you dont make it easy.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
re.

People here are trying to help you but you dont make it easy.

Aaron
Look i undestand people are trying to help but , I have been through alot with theese heads, and all i want for xmass is theese heads gone, i will except help only if it aligns with real power,according to compression,i don't listen to anything even concidering an open chamber I hear the comments on saving money,but it's to late now, i made a decision to build big horse power ,and lots of squeeze,and hopefully no preignition,
someone said on this site ,quote:not everyone knows everthing, so I take what i need and leave the rest,and also, there are alot of things that i am reconsidering, SO, that means i'm listening,to the good advice,i also heard a lot of bull sh*t in my life to,so i do know good advice when I hear it, does that put any light on the situation,but as far as those pro comps,pretty soon they will go to the alum, scrap pile and they will be melted down and made into a beer can for all the beer drinkers,and when that happens only then will i be happy,(if no one buy's them,) thats the truth no bull sh*t,I alraedy lost the money and so pissed ,I'll just keep moving forward,Fu*k it no one want's them anyway what the hell would make you think i would want them either,"that don't make sence either"i'd have to be a fu*king idiot,(just like i was for thinkin that the guy who purchased them for me was gettin me heads like the cj's)so gotta run snow's falling got to make money for the new heads.....thanx for listening...JT557............

·
Registered
219 Posts
Issue is that you havent answered anyones questions in this thread or others. We have very little to go off of to help you. There are a lot of ways to make power.
this info would help out
Parts you already have
Budget
end goal

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Issue is that you havent answered anyones questions in this thread or others. We have very little to go off of to help you. There are a lot of ways to make power.
this info would help out
Parts you already have
Budget
end goal
oh boy

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OH crap we are in chilley's garadge

:confused: I was confused where we were sorry i been so many places that i thought we were in the comp thread,...............my fault!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts