460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I think we're going to see the return of the factory turbo in a big way with the new fuel economy standards. There have been rumors of a twin turbo e85 flex fuel V6 from Ford. Is this that engine? I want one in my Mustang!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
That pretty cool, is that going to be the new race eingine, I can see it now "Ford3.5l.com":D

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I hope those little engines can take some abuse. Just imagine how you could tune the cars like a diesel engine. Add more fuel, more boost and you could have a rocket car!! How ever much air and fuel you can inject and stuff into the engine. Awsome!!
Is anyone already working on a race version?

Water meth kit to keep the AIT down or a dash of nitrous with some strokes of the keyboard retard the timing and add fuel. Could we see a 450 - 550 hp 3.5 with just some nitrous?

·
Registered
728 Posts
i would love to see a swap into a foxbody mustang, my only problem with these is every car ford has weighs like 4000 lbs or more, think of what 355 lb. ft. and 360 hp could do in a 3000 lb car. return of the SVO mustang maybe? well SVT this time around i suppose. this engine is also coming out in the new taurus SHO, should be a hell of a sleeper.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
i would love to see a swap into a foxbody mustang, my only problem with these is every car ford has weighs like 4000 lbs or more, think of what 355 lb. ft. and 360 hp could do in a 3000 lb car. return of the SVO mustang maybe? well SVT this time around i suppose. this engine is also coming out in the new taurus SHO, should be a hell of a sleeper.
I am tring to talk the wife into a one of the new SHO's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts