460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need one that will stand up to jetboat marathon racing right around 12.5-1cr,forged pistons,steel crank & rods,solid roller or solid flat cam,able to live @6000-6400 for up to 20 mins at a time.sorta lookin for 700+hp and under 470ci inorder for me to stay in A-class anything over 470ci and i have to run Unlimited class which is fine but power has got to be in the 950 -1000hp range to be competitive

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
i know this is alittle off topic, i always heard you needed aluminum rods in a boat because of the shock (loading and unloading the engine so fast) when you land after having left the water (jumped a wave). is this not true? i ask because you specified steel rods.
just curious,
Casey

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know of a couple of guys that have tried aluminum rods but went back to steel not sure what the problem was but as far as I know everyone is using steel rods now with us few and far between ford guys in the sport Corrila and oliver rods seem to stand up to the most punishment

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I could do an engine to meet your needs for $6750.00.

The engine would use ported SCJ aluminum heads, Victor intake (4150 or dom), solid flat tappet cam, forged Diamond Racing pistons, forged 4340 rods (H or I beam), a stock block, and a stock 460 crank. 700+hp at 6250rpm on 108+ octane (race gas or E85). You may also want to consider 4-bolt mains which run +$600.00.

Nobody makes a forged 4340 crank with a 3.85 stroke that I'm aware of, so the next step up from stock would be billet at $1850+. Another option would be to do an offset ground forged 429 truck crank with longer rods and custom pistons for something close to 470 CID....cost would be approx $350 + the price of the crank core, which may be difficult to find.

·
Registered
590 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts