460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta clear a tunnel ram with a birdcatcher. Whatcha got guys? Make it easy on me, I'm a poor Okie :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mag

Dunn make an offset drive for V-clamp Mags-MSD or Mallory to fit fords 4" offset or 8" offset, I believe. You can get his ph no. at Inside Top Alcohol.com He is Mike Dunn of NHRA Commentator fame on ESPN 2. His parts are reasonably priced and very good quality. Also you can start with a Malloryor Msd 12 V-clamp mount Mag for now and move up later to a bigger one. You can find used mags and advice at the above mentioned web site also.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Rick,

Take a look at the mag drives on our website under "Assorted Engine Components." The link is in my signature line below. Single mag with Gilmer belt starts at (Edit: $TBD) and we have dual mags (not pictured) that are 100% gear driven (price not yet set).

We just received the latest batch of housings back from the casting facility last week and manufacturing of the latest batch of mag drives started yesterday...so please let us know if you need a single mag...'cause this changes our plans for the current group being fabbed up (all the single mags being made are already spoken for).

Paul

p.s. Call Don Zig mags, ask them for a Ford mag and see where they send ya! 8)

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Rick,

Thanks for the compliment. I believe this to be one of the most inovative designs that has been created specifically for the 385 Series engine family.

In regards to pricing a mag to go with our drive: High Flow Dynamics sells only what we create or modify in house, such as our timing cover, billet heads, head porting or oil pickup fabrication. So we do not sell brand name components other than our own. Our mag drives are designed to work with the Mallory Super Mag series, and Mallory makes a Ford-style mag (proper rotation, etc) that works perfectly and as seen on our home page. These may be purchased from Mallory, Jegs, Summit, etc.

In regards to the current manufacturing, I am pleased to say that we will be making a few extra single mags than are currently ordered, so we ought to have an extra in stock if you need one and we are not yet sold out. At this time and due to increasing material costs, price is $TBD for the single mag drive.

Feel free to call if you have any further questions.

Paul

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As soon as I get to work on the new engine (talking to a guy about a mallory mag) I'll want one. If you do not have one at that time, no problem. Probably want one of them spiffy timing covers as well... inless I go belt drive :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts