460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new Holley 950 HP for $250.00, and this guy still has alot of stuff left. Check out what he has. My brother called him, and it's a going out of business sale. Sounds to good to be true, so I'll let you know if I got screwed or not in 3 weeks when it should be here. :lol: There's some red tape with it going through a broker, so that's why it takes a few weeks.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdpimentel123

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
item location/ seller in B'ville N.Y. 10 minutes from me. problems come up let me know, will be glad to help.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
did some checking. called number given--- NY city cell phone, woman answers , doesnt know anything, back ground told to hang up so she does. good luck guy's

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
It says item is shipped direct from vendor... it must not be stock on hand that he is liquidating. Sounds too good to be true.

Tom

PatFromJersey said:
I just bought a brand new Holley 950 HP for $250.00, and this guy still has alot of stuff left. Check out what he has. My brother called him, and it's a going out of business sale. Sounds to good to be true, so I'll let you know if I got screwed or not in 3 weeks when it should be here. :lol: There's some red tape with it going through a broker, so that's why it takes a few weeks.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdpimentel123

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 2slow. 8) He had some positive feedback from some carb buyers, so I'll stay patient. He did say a couple weeks, and I just bought it last Tuesday. I'll be sure to post back here if it goes south or well. :lol: I'm not too worried. I am a gambling man a few times a year, so this will be one less trip to Atlantic City next year if I get screwed. :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update, because I haven't heard anything from the guy since the 18th when I bought it, and wanted to make sure PayPal notified him of my payment. I did send the guy a message, and he responded back quickly. My carb is accounted for, and he's just waiting on the release from the brokers to ship it. It's only been a week, so I'm hanging in there. The ad did say up to three weeks delay in shipping. Stay tuned...... :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Pat,

I've got my fingers crossed for you guys. Hope it turns out to be a great deal. 8)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I sure hope you guys get your money back
This guy must have sold alot of carbs! -60 negatives since the beginning of the year!
I almost bought two of the 950 HP alky deals & then thought i'd wait to see some feedback and i'm glad i did.

·
Registered
822 Posts
WE GOT HIT

never recived product....got moeny back thru paypal Buyer: rockhog500 ( 5 ) Jan-02-08 22:26
Reply by dpimentel123 (Jan-04-08 20:01):
SO LETS KICK A DEAD HORSE.. I GOT TAKEN FOR OVER $11.000.00 FROM THESE BA$TARD$
Im goin to file claims today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
damn, I just read his score and the feed back from other buyers.

This dude better hope no one finds him :shock:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Man I feel bad for you guys... Look at the poor guy who bought 6 carbs from this scumbag...

Guys like this need to meet "BIG BUBBA" in the "BIG HOUSE" :evil: :evil:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
739 Posts
When it seem's too good to be true - it usually is ! Sorry for all you guys that got snookered! Been there, done that - never again - I hope!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
822 Posts
wonder if

wonder if my credit card company will get my money back , i paid with a credit card through paypal . think im goin to do that instead of messing with paypal.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
first i got hung up on, second , called back got the story ship from B'ville till i said its 6 min. from my door, now will be shipped from LA. dude is from CO or NV. found that out buy checking his feed back.Dirt Track thunder in Ames, Iowa phone # 866-624-3397, ebay item # 300173322091 has his ship to address

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I filed my claim last week. Once I saw a few guys over 3 weeks not getting their carbs yet, I called the seller in NV, and he said he was scammed by a 3rd party guy in NY. Two guys did get their carbs, and that's what got me on the bandwagon in the first place. Here's a link to a site where one of the guys bought 3 of them successfully. I guess that was the bait. :lol: I'm glad I only bought one. It looks like I'll be getting that Quick Fuel carb from Lem after tax season afterall. :D

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204044&highlight=950

1 - 20 of 30 Posts