460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new motor for the truck. It'll be going in a 1978 Ford F-150 4x4, regular cab/shortbed. I'd like a carb to oil pan motor, but anything with heads will be considered. Heres where it gets odd. I need something with compression lower than 9.5:1. I'm planning on building a turbo motor, with a blow through carb setup. Any advice will be gladly recieved. This aint my first turbo car by a long shot, but its my firat blow through carb, and first big block turbo. Let me know if you have a lower compression long block, or any turbo related parts. Thanks guys

·
Registered
289 Posts
What's your ballpark price range? I might be willing to give mine up if it's worth it, then maybe pop a Cummins in there. Brand new rebuild, just broken in. Stock dish pistons with D3 heads so it has the compression you're looking for.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to stay around $1k, but a good complete running motor would sway me off that a bit. How much you looking for?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry, that wouldn't work for me. I have $1000 just in machine shop costs plus a bunch of new parts plus my labor assembling it. I'm probably crazy for even entertaining the idea of pulling it all out after just finishing it. I really just need to sell the whole truck and make room in my driveway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts