460 Ford Forum banner

Looking for a short block

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  b327thr 
#1 ·
Well I've been striking out locally. Called one shop and left a message and they never responded. Called another local machine shop and they have been jerking me around for 7 days trying to get a quote in writing on building a 521 short block. I think I've waited long enough since I was told on the phone I'd have the quote within 3 hours on Monday, then again on Wednesday, then again on Thursday.

So that being said can anyone point me in a good direction for a short block? Maybe one of the vendors here has one sitting around that someone never fully paid for? I did some research on eBay and thought I found a deal until I found the seller used to go by a different name and his engines are reportedly trash. Anyways, thanks in advance. I was just going to have the engine in the truck done, but figured I'd drive it until I got the 521 put together. Especially after the local shop that did call me back quoted 8-12 week turnaround.

#3 ·
I have an entire 521 CI eddy head engine for sale. pm me for details.

#5 ·
Well I've been striking out locally. Called one shop and left a message and they never responded. Called another local machine shop and they have been jerking me around for 7 days trying to get a quote in writing on building a 521 short block. I think I've waited long enough since I was told on the phone I'd have the quote within 3 hours on Monday, then again on Wednesday, then again on Thursday.

So that being said can anyone point me in a good direction for a short block? Maybe one of the vendors here has one sitting around that someone never fully paid for? I did some research on eBay and thought I found a deal until I found the seller used to go by a different name and his engines are reportedly trash. Anyways, thanks in advance. I was just going to have the engine in the truck done, but figured I'd drive it until I got the 521 put together. Especially after the local shop that did call me back quoted 8-12 week turnaround.

I have a New 523, that's .040 instead of .030. You can call me for details. Mike. 704-516-8033

#6 ·
...can anyone point me in a good direction for a short block? Maybe one of the vendors here has one sitting around that someone never fully paid for?...Anyways, thanks in advance. I was just going to have the engine in the truck done, but figured I'd drive it until I got the 521 put together....
We could put together a 521 in a Stage 1 prepped C9VE block. Block and rotating assembly are in stock. Call directly if interested.

#7 ·
Dang wish we'd of hooked up sooner. I did get my cam from and ordered the oil and water pump this week from you, but I already got a C8VE block and got a custom Scat stroker kit from Lem to achieve the CR I was aiming for. Glad to see your website is back up and running. Lots of great information, thanks! I'm sure you'll hear from me again in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.