460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been striking out locally. Called one shop and left a message and they never responded. Called another local machine shop and they have been jerking me around for 7 days trying to get a quote in writing on building a 521 short block. I think I've waited long enough since I was told on the phone I'd have the quote within 3 hours on Monday, then again on Wednesday, then again on Thursday.

So that being said can anyone point me in a good direction for a short block? Maybe one of the vendors here has one sitting around that someone never fully paid for? I did some research on eBay and thought I found a deal until I found the seller used to go by a different name and his engines are reportedly trash. Anyways, thanks in advance. I was just going to have the engine in the truck done, but figured I'd drive it until I got the 521 put together. Especially after the local shop that did call me back quoted 8-12 week turnaround.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have an entire 521 CI eddy head engine for sale. pm me for details.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I've been striking out locally. Called one shop and left a message and they never responded. Called another local machine shop and they have been jerking me around for 7 days trying to get a quote in writing on building a 521 short block. I think I've waited long enough since I was told on the phone I'd have the quote within 3 hours on Monday, then again on Wednesday, then again on Thursday.

So that being said can anyone point me in a good direction for a short block? Maybe one of the vendors here has one sitting around that someone never fully paid for? I did some research on eBay and thought I found a deal until I found the seller used to go by a different name and his engines are reportedly trash. Anyways, thanks in advance. I was just going to have the engine in the truck done, but figured I'd drive it until I got the 521 put together. Especially after the local shop that did call me back quoted 8-12 week turnaround.

I have a New 523, that's .040 instead of .030. You can call me for details. Mike. 704-516-8033

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
...can anyone point me in a good direction for a short block? Maybe one of the vendors here has one sitting around that someone never fully paid for?...Anyways, thanks in advance. I was just going to have the engine in the truck done, but figured I'd drive it until I got the 521 put together....
We could put together a 521 in a Stage 1 prepped C9VE block. Block and rotating assembly are in stock. Call directly if interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts