460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 f350 I'm building into a open stock pulling truck I have dove heads on the motor not efi. I'm looking for fenderwell headers the class I'm building the truck for limits you to 1-7/8" primary I've checked in maddog but they only offer a 2" primary for the 90's ford frames I've found others but are only for the 70's frames any help finding a header that would work would be greatly appreciated thanks for taking the time to read.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe we are allowed to run up right headers but appreciate the idea. I'm afraid your right about having to build my own really trying to avoid that. I do have a buddy with a pipe bender but was hoping to find something before I have him tackle it with his bender don't want it choked off at the bends from his bender.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What if you bought the 2” type , and then removed the first bend and flange and made up 1.875” bends and new flanges and made them a step header.
That way the primary is 1.875” diameter, and your secondary is 2”.
that’s one of those gray areas, with wording.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What if you bought the 2” type , and then removed the first bend and flange and made up 1.875” bends and new flanges and made them a step header.
That way the primary is 1.875” diameter, and your secondary is 2”.
that’s one of those gray areas, with wording.
I'll have to look into that! was hoping someone on here had the same build I can't be one of the first ones to run into this problem might have to buy the mad dogs as a template and send them back? You would think it would be pretty simple to just build them with smaller pipe since there already making the 2" work. I never understood why ford stuff is always more expensive and harder to find than gm guess quality over quantity! Thanks for the idea!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts