460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
lexan windows

Have you tried Pro Glass? In my 67 Mustang, we bought the lexan & made all the glass for the car< My 98 Mustang has a complete Pro Glass kit. :D

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
conventional Lexan or Margard coated.

If you decide to make your own windows you can either use regular Lexan, or the more expensive Margard coated stuff.

The coated plastic will be a little more scratch resistant to minor scuffing than the regular Lexan, but Margard isn't a magic cure-all. It woun't stand up any better than Lexan to a gouge from a wrench or screwdriver (or cylinder head) bouncing off it.

DAVID.

T

·
0 Posts
Cutting the lexan

When we made the lexan for my 67, we didn't cut it the same as stock. We basically welded a 20 gauge steel lip around the windshield & back glass that allowed the 1/8" lexan to fit flush with the body. This made a cleaner look & allowed me to lose all the stock moldings & gaskets . Good advice mentioned about using the coated lexan. That is all I have ever used also. :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Re: conventional Lexan or Margard coated.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. said:
It woun't stand up any better than Lexan to a gouge from a wrench or screwdriver (or cylinder head) bouncing off it.
If there's cylinder heads bouncing off my windows, scratches will be the last thing I'd worry about. LOL

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
D'oh!

Yea, you have to be on the lookout for them ~EVIL~ deep well sockets and/or scrap tubing hiding ON the floor just waiting to jump-out at you and get under your feet while you have a cylinder head in hand (LOL).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts