460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a set of long tube headers for a bbf that has the chevy exhaust pattern. i am running the eliminator heads with an a460 pattern exhaust. it is going in a straight frame truck so i have plenty of room. i want at least 2 1/4 diameter with a 4 inch collector. any ideas?

i also wonder if some long tube headers for a chevy application would work?

·
Registered
429 Posts
i am looking for a set of long tube headers for a bbf that has the chevy exhaust pattern. i am running the eliminator heads with an a460 pattern exhaust. it is going in a straight frame truck so i have plenty of room. i want at least 2 1/4 diameter with a 4 inch collector. any ideas?

I have a set of BBC Camaro headers that I use to run on my TFS-A460 headed motor, before I had my Fab-Shop headers built. These were in my 93 F-150, but they only had 2" primaries and 3-1/2" collectors.

I sell them for cheap if interested?

·
Registered
136 Posts

I have a set that are three steps 2 1/4 to 2 3/8 to 2 1/2 to a 5" collector and they are for the eliminator head..which is what I run ....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Well headers for a BBC have a different Exhaust flange angle then a BBF . I think the BBC is like 4 Derg. different then a Ford. Not a Whole lot of different but enough to make things not fit right.

Dan

I have this set I built for my 1978 Ford 2 1/8" x 4" wheel well exit .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like the look of those truckpuller, i am really not looking for fenderwell exit, i have my fenderwells blocked off for mud. of course it would be easy to redo that. what you asking for the headers?

copperhead i want at least a 4 inch collector, thanks though.

wangdang any pics of your setup?

·
Registered
136 Posts
i like the look of those truckpuller, i am really not looking for fenderwell exit, i have my fenderwells blocked off for mud. of course it would be easy to redo that. what you asking for the headers?

copperhead i want at least a 4 inch collector, thanks though.

wangdang any pics of your setup?
Here are pic's of the Headers...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
The problem with running a Chevy header on a Ford head (even though it has the same pattern on the port) is that the Ford head is something like 3/8" longer than the Chevy head because of the bore spacing....

·
Registered
136 Posts
No I can't remember.... if you want me to measure the hole I guess I could do that .... or I could call the guy who bought my car and ask him to measure the frame...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i measured my frame and the rails are 40.5 inches wide. i dont think your headers would fit:confused:. i have plenty of room for between the frame rails. still looking..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts