460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, Guy's - I'm at the half way point of my 60 Starliner restoration, and have a problem. The original aluminum door sill plates are in rough shape, so I bought a set of reproductions (made in China, I'm sure) that look the part - BUT - they're so incredibly thin, and soft that I can literally crush them with my thumb! I'm hoping that somebody on this forum knows where I can find a pair of sill plates in good straight condition for a 60 Starliner, or Sunliner? I'm not sure if a regular 60 Galaxy two door is the same or not, but the ones I'm looking for are 42 1/4' long. Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the websites - I got an e-mail from Obsolete Ford Parts this morning saying that they think they could help me out - got my hopes up! Turns out all they had was the very same Chinese reproductions that I already have. I posted on the "Starliner Connection" facebook page, and so far all I've gotten is "likes", I'll keep hunting, hopefully something will turn up.

Wayne

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about them being the same as T bird. I found the passenger side n.o.s. on E-bay, made an offer, which was accepted, and I think I can make the drivers side presentable. As a friend mentioned "they're as rare as rocking horse ****". Came up empty handed just about everywhere!

Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts