460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to beef up my '66 Fairlane 2dr hardtop a little. Putting in either a mild 351 or 408 stroker (yes I know it's not a 385 series engine.. sorry,) and it will definitely have more torque than the previous 302. Not looking for anything fancy.. This is just going to be a street driven car with the occasional hard launch on a back road. Body is pretty damn straight right now, and I'd like to keep it from twisting up and looking like crap. Any suggestions are appreciated! And if possible, keep them priced in the realm of a guy that has a lot of bills to pay :( Also, what sort of parts can I buy to keep the stock 8" axle in place to increase traction? Thanks :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I just wish that post had some pictures :( And sorry, I plan on keeping this one for quite a while :) There are plenty to be found. Problem is finding one in halfway decent shape. I spent quite a while looking for an older vehicle, switching back and forth between Mustangs and Fairlanes. I'm glad I ended up with a Fairlane though. I have never seen another 66/67 on the road.

EDIT: Here's one for ya in Texas ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Ford-Fairlane-GTA-hardtop-/400150134651?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d2ace7f7b#v4-36

·
Registered
20 Posts
AHHHH! That one's in terrible shape for a Texas car. I see good ones for about $3500 or so quite often. I still kick myself for not buying a nearly rust free '66 convertible I spotted last year for $4500....that would have been a really fun car.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
306 Posts
They are square tube and they are closed in. The only place they are open is where they turn up by the leaf spring area but that get's welded to the frame rail.
Dave
:)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are square tube and they are closed in. The only place they are open is where they turn up by the leaf spring area but that get's welded to the frame rail.
Dave
That's not too bad. And the price is excellent. Plus people tell me that Crites makes some pretty good stuff, so that makes the price even more agreeable.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey

Do any of you have pics of your Crites subframe connectors after everything else was put back in place? Just wondering if the exhaust, etc. has to be moved at all. Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do any of you have pics of your Crites subframe connectors after everything else was put back in place? Just wondering if the exhaust, etc. has to be moved at all. Thanks
Difficult to say what your application will need. In my opinion the exhaust should be the last thing you do because of all the opstacles under your car. On my subframe connectors I had to slide them towards the front of the car to miss my support tube for my 4 link.
Dave

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exhaust came with the car. Flowmaster setup that dumps right under the rear seat (which is where the mufflers are.) I guess I'll just have to see what its like after I pick them up. I'd still love to see some pics of your setup if you have any :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Exhaust came with the car. Flowmaster setup that dumps right under the rear seat (which is where the mufflers are.) I guess I'll just have to see what its like after I pick them up. I'd still love to see some pics of your setup if you have any :)
PM sent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts