460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I finally got the account activated,
I was talking the other day to one of your members and we discussed a wider cam bearing for the BBF. Who makes these and where can I get them?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
89prostang,
Are you the one I put lifter bushings in for? This is David Willingham and like the others have said, Lem is the man. I get a lot of my parts from him and he is the one that know the BBF inside and out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes David this is Daryl
It took me 3 days to get this account activated -
I just got off the phone with Shawn at Evan's Ford parts. He doesn't have any in stock and nothing coming in. I will give Kaase a call or that Randy from the other posts (rmcomprandy).
Thanks again, Daryl

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got off the phone with Randy $39 +shipping ~$46
Kaase has them also $100 + shipping
Roger at Kaase says theirs is .080 wider than stock and also coated -
I need to call Randy back to compare I guess.
Any comments?

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
KAASE's cam bearings are Fluoropolymer coated HP bearings and mine are not coated regular heavy-duty bearings manufacturered by Dura-Bond.
Both are .080"/.090" wider seamless construction with 100% machined bearing surfaces. The regular bearings and the HP bearings are made of the same lead/silicone/babbit material however, the HP bearing is burnished, (compacts the metal so it is slightly denser), before the surface machining.

Now you know the differences ... I was out of stock but, I had another run of bearings made which arrived Tuesday; October 30.
I can have these bearings coated at a $18.00 per set extra charge.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Wouldn't the coating take up the extra little bit of clearance these bearings yield? I just installed a set in my A460 block and man does that cam turn smooth!

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
If polymer coated, the coating would take-up about half the .0008" increase in clearance which the wider bearings provide.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I will be at the Columbus "All Ford" swap meet selling these wider cam bearings if you don't wish to pay the shipping.
They'll be shown there as $44.00 per set so, be sure I know you are from this forum for the better price.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Right now I'm running way behind with getting bearings back from being coated ... uncoated bearings are plentiful. :oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts