460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has them for sale, bare or not I am entertaining the idea of going with them. please pm me and let me know what you have? I am not sure of the total expense for the heads yet, so I am willing to try them out. wanna do something a bit different :lol: .
If I dont return your pm right away dont be offended I wont have many chances to check the comp in the upcoming weeks.

thank you very much
Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
From what I hear, those heads are something you wind up with after searching for more like 4 years not 4 days... ;)
Not raggin' on you, just maybe recalibrating your perception of what kind of search this'll be...
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
In the Tech Seminar, the Old Owner of TFS mention a bunch about these heads and their where not many manufactured. You may do better looking for some used C460's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
4speed390 said:
already told the man, if I could have afforded the motor I would have bought it. :lol:
jones said:
Here you go!
http://460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=19881

They even come with a shortblock, intake and split carbs! :lol:
Ron,

I do have one question: why? One day the C-heads won't be sold new anymore by Ford, and people will be looking for, and paying big bucks for them. There's one for sale here: http://460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=20524 and that's a pretty good deal, and they are better than the bastard heads. The bastard heads where ahead of their time when they were introduced, but now there are better heads and they are availabe now. To get a set of C-heads full boogie from Charlie, including single quad intake and carb and the upper valvetrain, you're looking at 10 grand. You're looking for heads now that iare 10 years old and require custom everything. The engine that is 22 grand will seem cheap if you find bare bastard heads and then build a motor around them. Good luck.

PS. Ask Paul if he wants to sell his motor. :lol: :mrgreen:

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who the hell is ron? I assume ur talking to me. well b/c if you look, everyone and their mother is doing A heads or C heads, and now u might say thats b/c they work really well. And that may be true, but I would like to do something a little different. forgive me for being a little different. thats what seperates us from the chevy guys. 8)
DJOHAGIN said:
4speed390 said:
already told the man, if I could have afforded the motor I would have bought it. :lol:
jones said:
Here you go!
http://460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=19881

They even come with a shortblock, intake and split carbs! :lol:
Ron,

I do have one question: why? One day the C-heads won't be sold new anymore by Ford, and people will be looking for, and paying big bucks for them. There's one for sale here: http://460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=20524 and that's a pretty good deal, and they are better than the bastard heads. The bastard heads where ahead of their time when they were introduced, but now there are better heads and they are availabe now. To get a set of C-heads full boogie from Charlie, including single quad intake and carb and the upper valvetrain, you're looking at 10 grand. You're looking for heads now that iare 10 years old and require custom everything. The engine that is 22 grand will seem cheap if you find bare bastard heads and then build a motor around them. Good luck.

PS. Ask Paul if he wants to sell his motor. :lol: :mrgreen:

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
LOL, Sorry about that. I saw Ron Paul 2008. Revolution at the bottom of your posts. You must be referring about something or someone.

If you want something different, wait for a set of High Flow Dynamics hemi heads. Very low production, and you'll have to custom machine them to get water passages. :shock: Be ready to run a supercharger with them too.

Good luck with your search. You might find a fully assembled engine with the heads on it in an old lady's barn and get the engine for a couple hundred bucks. :mrgreen:

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I could only be so lucky. :lol:
DJOHAGIN said:
LOL, Sorry about that. I saw Ron Paul 2008. Revolution at the bottom of your posts. You must be referring about something or someone.

If you want something different, wait for a set of High Flow Dynamics hemi heads. Very low production, and you'll have to custom machine them to get water passages. :shock: Be ready to run a supercharger with them too.

Good luck with your search. You might find a fully assembled engine with the heads on it in an old lady's barn and get the engine for a couple hundred bucks. :mrgreen:

Dave
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
:lol: :lol: I'll be like the rest of the guys and go Fast with some A's...... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont see an advantage of thors over the bastard heads in my application. The thor head is for the big big inch motors, and big big power. I am not into that I dont want 14-1500 hp. Not too mention expense wise they are probably just as or even more expensive than the bastard heads. I dont know this for sure, but it has to be close.
jughead said:
skip it all and go right to the top with some thor heads :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,325 Posts
well when you started here you Had no clue about the 460 but wanted to make a lincolnM111 fast with dove-c heads then it went to blue thunders chevy ex, then A460 heads, then C-460 now the bastard Prostock heads.


Just what do you really want to do, I mean I don't care but it seems you want to make a Land yacht go sub 9's and still be a street car but want it for $1.00


The way I figure it if you are really serious just buy Mustangracers Bastard Prostock engine for $22500 and save money cuz if you buy it peice at a time it will cost you more than that...


JMHO
Randy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the reason I dont buy his motor is cause its all that at one time. I know it will cost more I know that with the piece togehether, but I have the time not the money so much right now. I already told him if I had the money now I would have bought already. Yea I didnt know much of anything on the 460 engine itself when I started here that doesnt mean I havent messed with other motors. But because of many people on this site I have learned quite a lot. This is something tht I will do over years. Fyi I have a 1970 429 motor with the dove heads and block, hence the reason I asked about them. Now it seems my goals and aspirations . are different. And I dont have no lincoln mk111 never did. And if anyone else has a complaint, well keep it to yourself. This is the auction block not a forum to chat on.
cougar1969 said:
well when you started here you Had no clue about the 460 but wanted to make a lincolnM111 fast with dove-c heads then it went to blue thunders chevy ex, then A460 heads, then C-460 now the bastard Prostock heads.


Just what do you really want to do, I mean I don't care but it seems you want to make a Land yacht go sub 9's and still be a street car but want it for $1.00


The way I figure it if you are really serious just buy Mustangracers Bastard Prostock engine for $22500 and save money cuz if you buy it peice at a time it will cost you more than that...


JMHO
Randy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
Ok, I have to agree with 4speed390. This is the Auction block and he can ask to buy whatever he wants. (kinda) Let us smoke on the peace pipe a little shall we!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top