460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says i am looking to buy a 552 stroker kit.internally balanced 4.500 stroke 9000/4340 crank,6.700 H beam rods,flat top pistons 4.420 bore or .060 over.i would prefer the probe pistons with the cut out for the use of the kaase heads or make a suggestion.rings and bearings need to be included.the kit will need to be balanced and ready for assembly.

i have a set of 69/70 429 heads i want to use for now and update later.i have a D9TE 2 bolt block i would like to update to 4 bolt mains.i will do that when i send the block out to be bored.

i am hopeing that i can do buesness with someone on this forum.you can email me at [email protected] if you dont want your prices aired out here.

:lol:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
pistons must match the head thats going to be used. can cut a second valve relief for a fits all . know what compression ratio you need. flat top or dish isnt a good spec.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok flat top set at zero above deck or below deck depending on final cr calculations.i am fairly shure i dont want to get above 14:1 in shureing i dont have gasket and starter problems.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Nobody makes +60 pistons for said combo without going to a "custom"

30's and 80's as shelf stock...

Brian
Nobody except Diamond that is. Diamond makes +.030, +.040, +.060, and +.080 with no additional "custom" charges. Some may not be in stock on the shelf, but they're able to make them up faster than some companies will ship a part that's actually on their shelf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts