460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday my family lost a good friend. Bobby Hill of Hampton Ga. If your into racing and from the Metro Atlanta south area you've probally seen Bobbys red Ford Ranger at AMS for the Friday night street races or maybe at Silver Dollar Raceway or at Phenix City Drag Strip.

Bobby loved drag racing and was very content to be able to race his little Ranger into his final days. It took alot of work from some close friends, both my familys shop (my brother Clifton specifically) and Russel Johnson at Russels Automotive to keep Bobby running, as he was always pushing the little motor as hard as it would go (sometimes harder). He was able, in his final race last month at AMS, to finally make the semi finals against the "big cars" (even thou his Ranger was tagged, insured and street legal) after trying almost every week they ran.

I only have a few pics of him doing what he loved from Phenix City Drag Strip.

Bobby did have a family and children. He only knew about the cancer for about a year and spent a good amount of that time in and out of the hospital to no avail. He was only 43yrs old; taken way before he should have been. If your religious please say a prayer for his family.
thanks
Will

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Sorry to hear that Will... My thoughts and prayers are with your family...

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers go out to The Hill Family! God Bless! and we are sorry for your loss of a good friend! Jason

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Damn, that cancer is the most ruthless thing to ever come along. Your bud was WAY too young to go.

I'll hoist a brew for him next time I crack open a beer.

Greg

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Sorry for your loss. God Bless Rick

·
Registered
21 Posts
The wife just lost her boss of 14 yrs this month he was a good man as i'm sure your bud was also.

Thougts and prayers to all who new him.

Ted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts