460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my Dad early this morning. I thought I knew how much this hurt those of you that have already gone through this. Man was I wrong! My Mother and I were with him when he drew his last breath, and we draw some comfort knowing that we were able to be with him to the end. Alzheimers and kidney failure took him at 1:20 A.M., and man this sucks! Prayers would be nice for my Mom, she needs the strength. 62 years is a long time.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm so sorry Joe. :cry: Eternal rest grant unto him Oh Lord, and let your perpetual light shine upon him, may he rest in peace. Amen. If you are as close to your Dad as I am to mine, this must be the saddest day of your life. It will be for me when God calls my Dad. May God comfort you and your Mother in this time of sorrow. :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am sorry to hear that Joe. I lost my Dad as well about 4 years ago. Remember the good times and keep him with you.
My prayers are with you and your Mother.
God Bless.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my Father when I was 18, I understand the pain you're family is going through.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Joe,

Sorry that you lost your Dad.

It has been about 20 years since my Dad passed and 5 years for my Mom. We drag raced as a family in the late 50's and most of the 60's.
He would just have a ball seeing the cars today and going racing me and my older brother.

Time will help but the older you get the more the loss will mean. Watch over your Mom she has a great void in her life. Depression will set in.

Mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad Joe.
I lost my mom in 2003 so I know what you are going through.
Time will help ease the pain.

mike

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Sorry to hear that Joe. :( May God be with you and yours.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Sorry for your loss Joe, I can't begin to know how you're feeling... But the important thing is that you be strong for your mother... Because like mike said, she has a big void in her life now...

God bless you and your family,

Doug... 8)

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry Joe

My Dad woke me up at 3 am. He said he had trouble breathing. Instead of calling 911 I took him to the Hopsital myself. Going over 100 Mph in some areas I was too late. I had to go back and awake my Mother to tell her my Dad passed.. I decieded to make the hospital run and sometimes I wonder.. if I would of done things differently.

My Dad starting me on auto repair.. I was 4 years old. He will always be with me every pass down the track I make..

God Bless you Joe! Your a great friend on the forum.. my prayes are with you and your Mom..

Les

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss , my Dad's dieing of cancer and is failing fast ,( less than a month ) and it has put a big load on me to take over and run the farm as opposed the just farming it ( I've farmed with my Dad For 20 Years, ie; farm my 1/4 as I see fit and farm his 3/4 's as he orders to do it ,and letting him make the decisions on alot of stuff always took the load off me, now that I have to make alot of financial decisions it isn't fun . and as a rule on a good year our 4 -1/4's of land will generate between 3/4- 1 million in income if you play your card right !! mind you the input costs can exceed $370,000
Frank

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My Dad passed 10 yrs. ago. Miss him daily. His Mom is still living, going to be 100 in December. She has buried two sons, and one grandson. Spend lots of time with your Mom, it will help.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts