460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Short Block

Hi,

Interested in the short block. Tell me more about it… who’s block & crank, what compression ratio, cam? I assume 4.6 bore x 4.5 stroke? Would you be willing to ship it?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
292 Posts
Short Block

Thanks, i guess that was Kyle who replied. I didn't want to bother anyone on the holiday, but I did wind up leaving him a message.

Rob

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Hey guys,

I've had the pleasure of doing three sets of BB Ford heads for Bob and Kyle over the years. Their parts are certainly "high end" parts, as is their whole operation.

If this is what you need, then I can certainly assure you that they are "up front" and honest people to deal with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the good word Charlie! Its much appreciated! Rob, Bob did get your voice message and said he'd be returning your call.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Short Block

Just talked to Bob, nice guy. I'm very interested in the short block, just have 1 question maybe Charlie (or anyone else), can answer.... I'm not familiar with the A96 block. Bob says he ran a dry sump on it and that the block isn't drilled for an internal oil pump. I was planning on running an external pump, just not a dry sump. That should be basically the same setup, right?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Just talked to Bob, nice guy. I'm very interested in the short block, just have 1 question maybe Charlie (or anyone else), can answer.... I'm not familiar with the A96 block. Bob says he ran a dry sump on it and that the block isn't drilled for an internal oil pump. I was planning on running an external pump, just not a dry sump. That should be basically the same setup, right?

Thanks,

Rob
exrernal pump is the same as the dry sump except the oil is in the pan . no need for internal pump drilling

·
Registered
955 Posts
On the A96 block we ran it was an external Stock Car Products pump. It was plumbed from the pan to the pump, pump to the external remote filter , external remote filter to the adapter where a typical oil filter would mount. All -12 line and fittings. We used a CharliesCustom Oil pan. Main thing to watch in my own opinion is the section volume of the pump.

Travis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts