460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since recent problems have forced me to totally disasemble my 466, I have decided to rethink my combo and due to that I will be changing and selling my camshaft and heads. Since the motor was new, it only has had about 7500 street miles on it and was run with Mobil One synthetic oil since the 2nd oil change. Specs for the cam can be seen here:
http://www.holley.com/00096.asp

asking $75obo +shipping, comes with lifters that came with cam.

The heads were completly gone through when the above engine was built, #'s are DOVE-A, they have been completly checked out and are in perfect shape. Selling them bare and cleaned, with stock valve sizes and mild port work. can take pictures to verify condition if need be.

asking $175obo +shipping
also, $250 comes with all components to put these back together-valves, springs, inner springs/dampers, stem seals, retainers, locks, everything(except roller rockers). This ofcoarse would be minus one inner spring.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I'll throw up some pics tomorrow. As far as port work, when I got the heads before I ran them, they had already had some minor intake port work done, they had been gasket matched and blended about an inch into the port. I subscribed to Scott J's site and followed his directions on there to do a little bit on the exhausts also, so I would say minor work, if you were going with alot more cubic inches than I had or are going to turn the engine up above 6K, I would maybe put in bigger valves and do some more work to the ports, but my 466 was making ~475hp/550tq and it pulled strong up to 6K...

-Matt

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jrbeane67:
Yes the cam is still for sale, but I have numerous offers for the price I have listed, I have replied to them with shipping quotes and I am awaiting responses. If there are offers above my listed price, then you could get it. $45 is a steal for a cam with this amount of miles on it...

superduty79
I need to make around $175 off of these to be able to put my new set together and get the machine work done on them. I will not go much lower than $175 because I have had a few offers on these both local and online, but most of the online offers have fizzled out because of shipping-these things are heavy!
But, you have to think, if you buy these assembled from me, all you need is one inner spring/damper and you are ready to rock. I am going to have them cleaned and dissassembled, but I also changed up my listing to offer them with the old parts in them instead of just bare-they have about 7500 miles on them nd are in great shape besides the broken spring.

-Matt

·
Registered
32 Posts
matt,
i tried the link for the cam specs and i cant get in ,is this a hydraulic cam,and how would this cam work in a 460 with performer rpm heads,rpm intake ,stock bottom end,in a '69 cougar?? let me know how much for the cam and lifters shipping to 05765,thanx,
jim

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE:

- Camshaft has been sold, thanks for all the replys.

-Heads are still up up for sale however. I will be selling them assembled with everything but roller rockers or guideplates. They will come with stock valves/springs/retainers/locks/ and new valve stem seals. Asking price is $200obo. these have minor int/exh. port work done also, nothing too extreme- just cleaned up and straightened a bit. I have not had time to take pics as they have been in the shop to get hot tanked and cleaned up, but I have them back now so I can get some shots taken maybe Monday and post them.

-Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts